***Official HTIB Alternatives Thread*** - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 3363 Old 04-07-2007, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzy_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 48
chachi -

the 604 seems a good bet.

most people seem to recommend the x series over the polks.

you might want to look into the x sub and see how people think it compares to the h 100.

slubu -

where do the speakers go? this would be a good thing for everyone getting their first 5.0 or 5.1 system to read, ought to be in the first post ...

ecoustics

Crutchfield Advisor
buzzy_ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 3363 Old 04-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Newbie
 
ChachiB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the response Buzzy. So I am on the right track, right? This I assume is a better start than being lazy and going for one of the HTIB (especially if I add on more speakers in the months to come...)?
ChachiB is offline  
post #183 of 3363 Old 04-07-2007, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ron Temple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 8,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
The Rti 4s are very nice speakers too...they will sound more detailed than the x-LSs with a very good midrange and mid bass down to around 60hz. The x-LS speakers will sound warmer and a tad laid back. It's really a question of taste, both are well made and they don't sound alike. Depending on what you like in a speaker you'd probably be happy with either, but I'd recommend a listen to the Polks. If you find them bright, go for the x series.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Ron Temple is offline  
post #184 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 07:57 AM
Senior Member
 
sambow87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeman02 View Post

I would lower the crossover to 80 and if you have a sub in the system change the speakers to small, if no sub then keep them at large.


Even if the speakers are large? I mean, it would be going against what the manual says, correct?

Also, will I get any bass from the speakers after changing them to small (The Polk R300s).

Thanks again for the responses!

Sam

PSN: sashaforever
sambow87 is offline  
post #185 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mrgribbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Decatur, IL
Posts: 2,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambow87 View Post

Even if the speakers are large? I mean, it would be going against what the manual says, correct?

Also, will I get any bass from the speakers after changing them to small (The Polk R300s).

Thanks again for the responses!

Sam

This is a very subjective call. Three things to consider are: 1) How is the bass extension of the main speakers into the lower frequency. If you get good bass response from the woofers and more detail, you may want a lower crossover, let the sub come in later. 2) If your sub does a good job with upper frequency detail and you get more desirable effect, you may want to up your crossover and set the mains to small. 3) If you find that the woofers and sub mix well until the mains drop out, then set them to large with a mid range crossover (80-100hz) for more mixing, detail + effect.

Experiment. Take a track with good bass detail, perhaps bass guitar or the like. Play it with just the mains on - turn off the sub - and see how it sounds. Turn on the sub. Set the crossover high - 120+ and the mains to small, play the same track. Etc., etc., for the various configurations. I did this with the opening music from Kill Bill vol 1 (excellent bass guitar) and wound up with the mains Large, double bass and the crossover @ 80 (although I believe that the crossover is moot with double bass setting on). I'll play it like this for awhile until I feel the need to tinker again

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.
mrgribbles is offline  
post #186 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
G-star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,809
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChachiB View Post

Thanks for the response Buzzy. So I am on the right track, right? This I assume is a better start than being lazy and going for one of the HTIB (especially if I add on more speakers in the months to come...)?

absolutely, this is how i would have done it if i was starting over. i grew tired of my HTIB's shortcomings rather quickly and ended up selling it in pieces and slowly buying new gear.

as far as the speakers, i would demo both choices if possible, it is always the best way to go. both choices are clearly a significant step up from HTIB speakers, though.

"That's right Mr. Martini...there is an Easter Bunny".
G-star is offline  
post #187 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 11:11 AM
 
flags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-star View Post

absolutely, this is how i would have done it if i was starting over. i grew tired of my HTIB's shortcomings rather quickly and ended up selling it in pieces and slowly buying new gear.

as far as the speakers, i would demo both choices if possible, it is always the best way to go. both choices are clearly a significant step up from HTIB speakers, though.

HTIB's sell by the millions every year. Why do you try to impose your will upon others? You like what YOU like. Let others make their own choices instead of what YOU think they should do. They should go to places like Circuit City and let their ears do the choosing. Lighten up G-Star!
flags is offline  
post #188 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
studdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Everyone:

I have everything ordered, now comes the wait. I went with the following

Yamaha 661 receiver
x-ls speakers
x-ls center speaker
x-sub (explanation below)
24" x-ls speaker stands
Oppo 981 DVD


Ok, I was going to go with the Bic sub, but it did not pass the wife test. She wanted the woodgrain finish on the speakers, and of course, the sub had to match. I looked up the specs, and though the Bic looks to have greater range, and is probably the better choice, I am sure the x-sub will be good (I looked up some info on the net, and talked with the people at the company). The x-sub also had the advantage of being smaller, and will fit in my limited space better anyway.

Ok, another question for you guys. Do any of you have any feedback on getting Directv HD. I am a current Directv customer (without any HD), and want to upgrade to the HD DVR HR 20. I called Directv and they will upgrade my dish for free, but I have to pay $299 for the HD DVR, and I had to renew my 2 year contract. I tried to haggle with the person, but it was a regular customer service person, and she said she would have a specialist call me back in couple days. I have heard Directv does haggle with people (just like a car lot), so I was wondering if any of you have had any success with them, and what you got? If not, I will just pay the $299 and get on with my life.

Once the system is all set up, I will let you guys know how its going. Thanks again for all your help!

52" Samsung 750, finally satisfaction
studdad is offline  
post #189 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Member
 
steve7100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flags View Post

HTIB's sell by the millions every year. Why do you try to impose your will upon others? You like what YOU like. Let others make their own choices instead of what YOU think they should do. They should go to places like Circuit City and let their ears do the choosing. Lighten up G-Star!


Lol, this is the HTIB alternative thread isn't it?
steve7100 is offline  
post #190 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Member
 
slubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by studdad View Post

Hey Everyone:

I have everything ordered, now comes the wait. I went with the following

Yamaha 661 receiver
x-ls speakers
x-ls center speaker
x-sub (explanation below)
24" x-ls speaker stands
Oppo 981 DVD


Ok, I was going to go with the Bic sub, but it did not pass the wife test. She wanted the woodgrain finish on the speakers, and of course, the sub had to match. I looked up the specs, and though the Bic looks to have greater range, and is probably the better choice, I am sure the x-sub will be good (I looked up some info on the net, and talked with the people at the company). The x-sub also had the advantage of being smaller, and will fit in my limited space better anyway.

Ok, another question for you guys. Do any of you have any feedback on getting Directv HD. I am a current Directv customer (without any HD), and want to upgrade to the HD DVR HR 20. I called Directv and they will upgrade my dish for free, but I have to pay $299 for the HD DVR, and I had to renew my 2 year contract. I tried to haggle with the person, but it was a regular customer service person, and she said she would have a specialist call me back in couple days. I have heard Directv does haggle with people (just like a car lot), so I was wondering if any of you have had any success with them, and what you got? If not, I will just pay the $299 and get on with my life.

Once the system is all set up, I will let you guys know how its going. Thanks again for all your help!

I just signed up for Directv HD and got the HR20 for 199 after a $100 instant rebate. Try asking for that. So far I like the box and the DVR aspect. HD is pretty good although if I had to guess I would say a tad worse than when I had Time Warner. I figure though I'll go with Directv until FIOS becomes available around here.
slubu is offline  
post #191 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Member
 
slubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know where to get the Onkyo SR504S for cheap? The only deals I see are on the black ones, the silver ones are more expensive
slubu is offline  
post #192 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzy_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 48
chachi, given your use - " 50% music, 50% TV/movies" - getting 2 better speakers rather than 5 OK speakers is a smart move.

there might be some debate on whether next on list after that would be a center (3.0) or a sub (2.1), that depends on your own preferences and on the speakers you buy.
buzzy_ is offline  
post #193 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
studdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Slubu, thanks for the info. Any problems with your HR20? I know there were numerous in the past, just wondering if they fixed most of em yet.

52" Samsung 750, finally satisfaction
studdad is offline  
post #194 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Member
 
-89-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have $700 to use for a home theater set up. Just a medium size room with a 30" HDTV. I don't have a reciever, sub, anything. Just the TV. If I want to buy a center speaker, two front speakers, two back speakers, subwoofer, and a reciever...what should I buy using that $700 to squeeze out as much quality as possible?
-89- is offline  
post #195 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
G-star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,809
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve7100 View Post

Lol, this is the HTIB alternative thread isn't it?

yes, it is. even though it has been explained to him several times by myself and others, flags just doesn't get it...so it is best to just ignore him. i'm getting the impression that this thread hurts his feelings.

this is a place to discuss modest HT setups that are not all-in-one-box solutions. as hard is it might be for some to comprehend, HTIB is *NOT* the best or most desirable choice for everyone on a budget. hopefully this can be a place for all kinds of experience and helpful advice for those who chose to go t the component route.

carry on gents.

"That's right Mr. Martini...there is an Easter Bunny".
G-star is offline  
post #196 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ron Temple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 8,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by studdad View Post

Hey Everyone:

I have everything ordered, now comes the wait. I went with the following

Yamaha 661 receiver
x-ls speakers
x-ls center speaker
x-sub (explanation below)
24" x-ls speaker stands
Oppo 981 DVD


Ok, I was going to go with the Bic sub, but it did not pass the wife test. She wanted the woodgrain finish on the speakers, and of course, the sub had to match. I looked up the specs, and though the Bic looks to have greater range, and is probably the better choice, I am sure the x-sub will be good (I looked up some info on the net, and talked with the people at the company). The x-sub also had the advantage of being smaller, and will fit in my limited space better anyway.

Ok, another question for you guys. Do any of you have any feedback on getting Directv HD. I am a current Directv customer (without any HD), and want to upgrade to the HD DVR HR 20. I called Directv and they will upgrade my dish for free, but I have to pay $299 for the HD DVR, and I had to renew my 2 year contract. I tried to haggle with the person, but it was a regular customer service person, and she said she would have a specialist call me back in couple days. I have heard Directv does haggle with people (just like a car lot), so I was wondering if any of you have had any success with them, and what you got? If not, I will just pay the $299 and get on with my life.

Once the system is all set up, I will let you guys know how its going. Thanks again for all your help!

Congratulations...did you get the EX mod? Either way you will be amazed at how these speakers sound for the price. The x-sub will work fine in medium to smaller rooms...again for the price you're getting far more in quality than what you paid for. Also, don't let the pictures deceive you, the x-LS speakers are much bigger in person than they look. They are deeper than they are tall, IIRC, and very well built.

Let us know your thoughts when you get them.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Ron Temple is offline  
post #197 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Member
 
slubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by studdad View Post

Slubu, thanks for the info. Any problems with your HR20? I know there were numerous in the past, just wondering if they fixed most of em yet.

None so far, but I've had it for less than a week..
slubu is offline  
post #198 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 07:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,079
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by slubu View Post

Anyone know where to get the Onkyo SR504S for cheap? The only deals I see are on the black ones, the silver ones are more expensive

If you have a Fry's store nearby they have the 504S on sale for $199 brand new. I'm not sure what your definition of cheap might be. Its on sale until Tuesday.

http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/...15700229&type=

The 4843000 model is the 504S.

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #199 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 08:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
studdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Ron:

Thanks for all your help. I asked about the EX and they did not know what I was talking about. These are all available in April (I have to wait until they start trickling in) so maybe they just upgraded them and kept the same name? Anyway, I am sure I will be very happy with them. I will let ya know when everything is going.

52" Samsung 750, finally satisfaction
studdad is offline  
post #200 of 3363 Old 04-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Member
 
pm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by slubu View Post

Anyone know where to get the Onkyo SR504S for cheap? The only deals I see are on the black ones, the silver ones are more expensive

If you're looking for a new one, Fry's and Circuit City tend to have Onkyos on sale from time to time. But if you are willing to get refurbished, direct from the manufacturer, go to shoponkyo.com. If you've purchased any Onkyo equipment beforehand, you can apply credits (points) to future purchases. I picked up a TX-SR504B for $134 shipped (no tax since I don't live in NJ and free shipping since it was over $100).

This new receiver should be coming in on Friday the 13th (heh) along with my new Polk RM6750 speaker set (also picked up two RM 6751s to complete the 7.1 package). I'll try to post some pics of the whole shebang once we have some drywall back up in the basement.
pm2501 is offline  
post #201 of 3363 Old 04-09-2007, 08:09 AM
Member
 
slubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm2501 View Post

If you're looking for a new one, Fry's and Circuit City tend to have Onkyos on sale from time to time. But if you are willing to get refurbished, direct from the manufacturer, go to shoponkyo.com. If you've purchased any Onkyo equipment beforehand, you can apply credits (points) to future purchases. I picked up a TX-SR504B for $134 shipped (no tax since I don't live in NJ and free shipping since it was over $100).

This new receiver should be coming in on Friday the 13th (heh) along with my new Polk RM6750 speaker set (also picked up two RM 6751s to complete the 7.1 package). I'll try to post some pics of the whole shebang once we have some drywall back up in the basement.

I looked at Shoponkyo.com actually but they don't have the silver one for cheap, just the black one. I will be checking out fry's though.

Now I'm just wondering if I should step up to the 604, since my TV only has one HDMI input, and with this receiver it seems I can have 2 HDMI inputs that will output into my TV's 1 HDMI input. Is that accurate?
slubu is offline  
post #202 of 3363 Old 04-09-2007, 09:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Tulpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,026
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Yes, the receiver can act as a switch, essentially giving you two HDMI inputs.

Don't believe everything on the Interwebz! A duck's quack DOES echo!
Tulpa is offline  
post #203 of 3363 Old 04-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Member
 
pm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by slubu View Post

I looked at Shoponkyo.com actually but they don't have the silver one for cheap, just the black one. I will be checking out fry's though.

What a bummer. They had the silver one a few days ago. They must've run out of refurbished stock. If you're not in a hurry, just keep checking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slubu View Post

Now I'm just wondering if I should step up to the 604, since my TV only has one HDMI input, and with this receiver it seems I can have 2 HDMI inputs that will output into my TV's 1 HDMI input. Is that accurate?

Wel, personally, I'd advise against the 604 if you're really wanting HDMI. All the 604 does is provide an HDMI switch. The 674 has HDMI upscaling. You could save a little moolah by waiting for a TX-SR504S and buying a separate switch. I suppose it would depend on your HT setup. I have a Logitech 360 Harmony remote and use that to do any video switching that my receiver can't handle.
pm2501 is offline  
post #204 of 3363 Old 04-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Member
 
slubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm2501 View Post

What a bummer. They had the silver one a few days ago. They must've run out of refurbished stock. If you're not in a hurry, just keep checking.Wel, personally, I'd advise against the 604 if you're really wanting HDMI. All the 604 does is provide an HDMI switch. The 674 has HDMI upscaling. You could save a little moolah by waiting for a TX-SR504S and buying a separate switch. I suppose it would depend on your HT setup. I have a Logitech 360 Harmony remote and use that to do any video switching that my receiver can't handle.

Thanks for the input. I am more questioning that since I have only 1 HDMI input (which is now my Oppo DVD), is it worth the extra $200 or so to get the 604, which has 2 HDMI inputs to allow me to have both my DVD and Directv via HDMI? Currently I have the Directv HD-DVR via component - the 604 would allow both to be via HDMI. Not sure if that difference would justify the $200 price increase of the 604 over the 504. I already have a Harmony 880 so switching would not be an issue.
slubu is offline  
post #205 of 3363 Old 04-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Member
 
pm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Don't take just my word for it. Maybe someone else can chime in here. If you're in a bust for HDMI switching, the 604 isn't a bad receiver. If you think you're going to want HDMI upconversion (all of your video inputs go to HDMI) soon, pony up for the 674 (or another good brand that offers upscaling).

You can find more info about the receivers in the appropriate forum or on Onkyo's site. Someone also might have a good suggestion for a brand other than Onkyo that'd fit more into your price range and offer HDMI upconversion.
pm2501 is offline  
post #206 of 3363 Old 04-09-2007, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzy_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 48
For anyone interested, the Onkyo 504 in black is $170 shipped for a new receiver - may be today only, not sure.

link
buzzy_ is offline  
post #207 of 3363 Old 04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Member
 
pm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Slubu,

Refurbed Silver TX-SR504 is back in stock:
$169.00 shipped
pm2501 is offline  
post #208 of 3363 Old 04-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Member
 
slubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm2501 View Post

Slubu,

Refurbed Silver TX-SR504 is back in stock:
$169.00 shipped

Jumped on it - it was $149.77 shipped (tax in Cali). Great deal. I'm on my way now to my first ever HT system. Now I just need to find some speakers..

EDIT - My offer got accepted for the BIC H-100 Sub. I just have to figure out what speakers I want now, because I think I'm looking for black ones (otherwise I would go with the Velodyne).

Thanks for the help everyone.
slubu is offline  
post #209 of 3363 Old 04-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Member
 
pm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There are plenty of good suggestions around here. I, for example, was going to go to Fry's and pick up 3 pairs of POLK R150s and a POLK CSi25 center... I was going to save some money up for a new sub later on (I've got an old sub from an HT-S604) But, because my HT is in my basement and the ceiling is only 8' high, I ended up getting the Polk RM6750 5.1 speaker package and adding a pair of 6751 satellites to fill out the 7 speaker set. The fronts, rears and surrounds are all going to be ceiling-mounted
pm2501 is offline  
post #210 of 3363 Old 04-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Member
 
slubu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok gentlemen - some advice is needed once more. What is the difference between the R15 and the R150 from Polk? A lot of people here are R150 fans but the original post suggests the R15. I tried finding out from Polk's own site, but they are just priced the same and I'm not too keen on the technical lingo. Any ideas?
slubu is offline  
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off