Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 1650 Old 12-19-2007, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozog View Post

This "magical" shifting from HDMI to Optical is enough for me to think about replacing it. I've already scoured the Receivers forum and and found where Onkyo AVRs have no trouble turning on, turning off and staying on the same settings when controlled by a Sammy Anynet TV.

If you read the manual, it says it is SUPPOSED to switch to optical. I have this system and have had several issues with it..handshaking being the biggest issue.
I solved that problem by connecting my HD cable box directly to the TV, and then used optical out of the box into the receiver (no loss of audio quality, since HD cable is DD). My PS3 is connected to the receiver vai HDMI, and then to my TV via HDMI. That is the only way I could get this system to work correctly. It's really no big deal, It's just you expect things to work correctly when you drop a big chunk of $$$.
Also, you probably know this, but as long as the TV is HDMI-CEC, anynet+ will work. I have a Sony TV and Anynet+ works just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1650 Old 12-19-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koobs View Post

what is the gauge of speaker wire on this system. Want to know if i should upgrade.

22 AWG
post #543 of 1650 Old 12-19-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Large and Small has to do with the frequencies sent to your speakers. Large means the whole range of hearing 20hz to 20khz are being sent to each speaker. Small means you set a cutoff point where the lower frequencies stop being sent to the speaker and instead passed onto the powered subwoofer.

Its very rare that any speaker can handle the whole frequency spectrum. Speakers with larger woofers have a much easier chance than a small satellite speaker, which has no chance at all.

The speakers in the Samsung system have a 3" woofer 2" midrange and .5" tweeter. The frequency response only goes down to 150hz.

If you were to set all those speakers to large, you'd be missing out on anything below 150hz and quite a bit of bass because the speakers cannot reproduce it. This is what the subwoofer is for.

Set all your speakers to small, set the crossover to 150hz and then let the sub take care of the rest. This will also take the strain off your receivers amps to push out those lower frequencies, while the powered sub handles them easily.

So essentially if you're not changing your speakers, leave these settings in the default mode. hehe thx for the explanation, i was also thinking about changing these settings but if the default settings are correct then that's great
post #544 of 1650 Old 12-19-2007, 09:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 380
I don't know what the default settings are as I don't own this system. But if the crossover is set at 150hz, you should probably leave it that way. but you can experiment with different crossover points to verify it sounds best this way.

But the speakers should definitely be set to SMALL.

Afro GT
post #545 of 1650 Old 12-20-2007, 05:41 PM
dj9
Advanced Member

How is the headphone output from the front of this unit? Specifically...
Is it free of noise? (my current Creative DTS/AC3 decoder has noisy heapdhone outputs)
Does the headphone output respect the bass & treble settings?
post #546 of 1650 Old 12-20-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanbauer View Post

Chances are I won't be able to try them until after the new year, assuming my cables don't come until this Friday. Being Christmas and all, I doubt USPS can get them here in only 4 days. Anyhow, if and when I get Anynet+ working, I'll be sure to let you know!

Don't get your hopes up about the 1.3a cables making a difference... they won't. I have 1.3 cables from bluejeans and have all the same problems you do.

I'm biting the bullet and returning the 720 for separate components. I bought a JBL 12" sub and Klipsh 5.1 today. When I find a Onkyo 705 for <$500, I'm getting it.

I'm going to end up paying about 175% of the 720, but I'll get a bunch more features, bigger sound and a system that turns on/off when it's supposed to.
post #547 of 1650 Old 12-20-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCeKaden View Post

If you read the manual, it says it is SUPPOSED to switch to optical.

Umm, I'd like for you to tell me the page number. I just looked through the .pdf and didn't see where it said switching to optical after turning on the TV was normal.
post #548 of 1650 Old 12-20-2007, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozog View Post

Umm, I'd like for you to tell me the page number. I just looked through the .pdf and didn't see where it said switching to optical after turning on the TV was normal.

It's on page 18, although it's incredibly confusing. Here's what it says:

Quote:

If you Select TV:
Set the Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) function to on your TV.
Receiver : On: You can listen to audio through the AV Receiver.
Receiver : Off: You can listen to audio through the TV. If you select TV

Then it says..
Quote:

If you select the DVD Player:
Select THEATER to connector and set the option of each items below.
View TV: If Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) set to on and you select View TV, the AV receiver will
automatically switch to SAT OPTIC2(DIGITAL IN).
Receiver : On: You can listen to audio through the AV receiver.
Receiver : Off: You can listen to audio through the TV.
If you select the DVD Player

Problem is, I doubt the connection is supposed to break as soon as you change the input. And what if your television doesn't happen to be coming on over sat optical2? And where are these options to "select TV", "select the DVD Player", or select "THEATER to connector"? I see no such options.

Click here for my home theater setup
post #549 of 1650 Old 12-21-2007, 06:50 AM

Anyone know anything about adding wireless satellite speakers to this unit?

Also, I need my TV to stay on while I switch the receiver to another input like FM Radio. Can I run the video (via component cables) from cable box to the tv, and then run the optical audio from cable box to the receiver to assure this happens? I could be totally missing something as I am very new to this. Please help!

Thanks!
post #550 of 1650 Old 12-23-2007, 10:51 AM

Hi all,
I just set up my new as720 a couple of days ago and so far I have mixed feelings. Ease of use- great, looks- stunning, anynet- so so, sound- well thats where the problems lies. The highs seem way to harsh and scratchy. I have played with the speaker distances and levels, all of the modes, but it is still there on all inputs. It is almost painful at times, very distracting. Any one else have this problem? Would a higher gauge speaker wire help?
Thanks,

Setup:
Samsung 4254 plasma
Samsung as720 - hdmi into TV
XBOX 360 - hdmi into receiver
Moto cable DVR - component into TV optical into as720
post #551 of 1650 Old 12-23-2007, 03:29 PM

Not that I can help with anything technical pAndAJedi. Just read my experience below and you'll know what I mean.

To prove my point about my audio acumen, my AS720S had a "quick start up guide" showing SW out all the way on the left of the receiver.

So, I plugged it in and wouldn't you know it there was no sound. But, being the Audio genius that I am, I call Samsung support and they tell me defective SW. I wrap all the stuff back up, drive 1 hour to Best Buy switch it out with another unit (heavy big bad box) and drive back 1 hour.

Spend a night thinking about the whole thing and Christmas, hit some golf balls next morning and get back home to begin installing the new unit. This time I make sure there is enough lighting in the room to hook everything up.

SURPRISE! THE SW OUT JACK IS NOT WHERE THE PICTURE SHOWS IN THE QUICK SETUP GUIDE!! All that for nothing and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the first unit except for a start-up guide with the wrong picture location for the SW out.

I was floored by this experience. From now on, absolutely no hooking stuff up in bad lighting AND without reading the small writing showing the name of the in/out port.

Oh, I love the surround Audio experience. Now to test out the different sources I've got in my room. Merry Christmas.
post #552 of 1650 Old 12-23-2007, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigaz View Post

Not that I can help with anything technical pAndAJedi. Just read my experience below and you'll know what I mean.

To prove my point about my audio acumen, my AS720S had a "quick start up guide" showing SW out all the way on the left of the receiver.

So, I plugged it in and wouldn't you know it there was no sound. But, being the Audio genius that I am, I call Samsung support and they tell me defective SW. I wrap all the stuff back up, drive 1 hour to Best Buy switch it out with another unit (heavy big bad box) and drive back 1 hour.

Spend a night thinking about the whole thing and Christmas, hit some golf balls next morning and get back home to begin installing the new unit. This time I make sure there is enough lighting in the room to hook everything up.

SURPRISE! THE SW OUT JACK IS NOT WHERE THE PICTURE SHOWS IN THE QUICK SETUP GUIDE!! All that for nothing and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the first unit except for a start-up guide with the wrong picture location for the SW out.

I was floored by this experience. From now on, absolutely no hooking stuff up in bad lighting AND without reading the small writing showing the name of the in/out port.

Oh, I love the surround Audio experience. Now to test out the different sources I've got in my room. Merry Christmas.

hahahahah

jedi try setting whatever your listening to, to bitstream

***click my username then "view profile" to see setup***

Blu-Ray forever
:)

xbl gt: x camisado x
post #553 of 1650 Old 12-24-2007, 08:05 PM

I have tried everything. I'm so sad. I wanted to like this system, but alas I can't. Well, I did it. I broke down and ordered the 908 from Vann's. 699 shipped!!! I could not take those Samsung speakers and I don't want to replace them because new speakers at 8ohms would only get 50 watts from the as720. I can't wait for it to get here! I will repost when I get it set up to compare the 2 systems.
post #554 of 1650 Old 12-25-2007, 07:52 AM

Congrats on the Onykyo pAndAJedi. I am sure you will love it.

As an update to my audio stupidity, I just wanted to let everyone know that my monoprice digital optical cable came in Christmas Eve. In my great excitement, I had to muster up the courage to make the cable fit in the grooves on the DISH and the AS720.

BUT, no matter what I did, it was a completely loose connection!!! I think I may have broken the plastic cover on the Digital Optical slot in the AS720 or close to it (PHEW!).

So, with great skill I get on the internet and finally learn that the DANG PLASTIC CAPS ON THE DIGITAL OPTICAL CABLES NEED TO BE REMOVED. Nowhere in my hours of figuring out what cable to buy did any manufacturer suggest removing the small plastic caps on the cable!

Hopefully this information helps someone out there. Oh yeah, and for even more help read the post #551 above as well if you want to learn about how not to go about hooking up your receiver.

P.S. I LOVE THE SOUND COMING OUT OF THIS THING. The best I have right now is watching the HD Hitman B Trailer from XBox live via digital optical cable and that ROCKS. Also, the Wanted Trailer on XBLive sounds awesome too.

Merry Christmas.
post #555 of 1650 Old 12-25-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Large and Small has to do with the frequencies sent to your speakers. Large means the whole range of hearing 20hz to 20khz are being sent to each speaker. Small means you set a cutoff point where the lower frequencies stop being sent to the speaker and instead passed onto the powered subwoofer.

Its very rare that any speaker can handle the whole frequency spectrum. Speakers with larger woofers have a much easier chance than a small satellite speaker, which has no chance at all.

The speakers in the Samsung system have a 3" woofer 2" midrange and .5" tweeter. The frequency response only goes down to 150hz.

If you were to set all those speakers to large, you'd be missing out on anything below 150hz and quite a bit of bass because the speakers cannot reproduce it. This is what the subwoofer is for.

Set all your speakers to small, set the crossover to 150hz and then let the sub take care of the rest. This will also take the strain off your receivers amps to push out those lower frequencies, while the powered sub handles them easily.

Hi everyone... I just wanted to share some tips to make this $600 system sound like $1000 system. Im a certified pro-audio engineer for 9 years and wanted to share some settings with you guys that will really help make this sound sweet. If you just want to jump to the settings go to the next paragraph...As far as afrogt's technical explanation for the small-large speaker settings he is pretty much dead on accurate, but there is an advantage on setting these speakers to large especially when listening to HD audio signals and I will explain why... He is exactly right about the low end part, but the small speaker setting also rolls off the tippy top of the highs as well which these speakers seam to reproduce (have not checked tech specs)... Id assume that these speakers, like most small speakers, reproduce about 150hz-20k(top of the range humans hear)... This is really what makes a HD signal sound so "HD"... also if your crossover is set to say 150hz these low end sounds are going to be sent to the sub anyways tho you may miss out on some lows because the crossover most likely has a slight volume slope at the cutoff point... (meaning its a little lower at the cutoff point so the transition seams smooth)... One last thing is the dynamic range of the speakers seem to be more accurate on LARGE setting but thats just me

So here is what I recommend you do for good HD sound... This is all by ear mind you on my setup.

Set all your speakers to LARGE in the settings and set your crossover to 180hz-200hz depending on how much rumble you want (I set it a tad higher so that the lows your missing will DEFINATELY get to the sub at good volume). Make sure your DRC setting is at minimum (you dont want to compress the dynamic range if you dont have to, THATS ANOTHER THING THAT MAKES HD WHAT IT IS! LOUD SOUNDS AND SOFT SOUNDS ARE FAR APART

THE TONAL SETTINGS CAN CHANGE A LOT TOO, IF THE SPEAKERS ARE A TAD TO SHARP JUST TURN THE TREBLE DOWN -1... SET THIS TO OFF IF YOUR NOT GONNA USE IT.

I personally like sharp highs for fx flying around the room and I only want the floor to rumble when its supposed too. The dynamic range seems to be a little deeper as well with the LARGE speaker setting. Im sure youll have to tweak a bit but try this starting point... ALSO TURN THE GAIN UP ALL THE WAY ON THE SUB, IF ITS TOO BASSY, THEN USE THE + AND - SETTINGS IN THE LEVEL CONTROL FOR THE SUB... MY REARS WERE A LITTLE CLOSER TO ME AND SO I HAVE BOTH SR AND SL SET TO -1 AND EVERYTHING ELSE SET TO 0 IN THE LEVEL SETTINGS. Dont be afraid to make wacky level settings! some speakers may be louder or closer then others... if your hearing more out the front right and they are positioned exactly where the should be, dont be afraid to balance the room out! THE ONLY SPEAKER ID CONSIDER SETTING TO SMALL IS THE CENTER CHANNEL BUT ITS ON LARGE AS WELL OVER HERE.

AGAIN TEST THIS WITH A HDMI OUTPUT, AND IF BLU-RAY ITS ALWAYS BEST TO USE DTS OVER DOLBY IN THE AUDIO SETTINGS ON THE DISK. HOPE THIS HELPS... IF NOT SORRY I TRIED, MY SYSTEM SOUNDS LIKE I DROPPED A 1000BUX EASY AT THE MOMENT
post #556 of 1650 Old 12-25-2007, 08:08 PM

Thanks for the above post!

I am probably going to pick this unit up tomorrow...what gauge wire should I purchase at monoprice?

Thanks!
post #557 of 1650 Old 12-27-2007, 02:30 AM

i just bought the 720 today. i've read through this entire thread and was originally intending to buy the ss2000 but this thread, among other things, convinced me to try out the 720. i have the 4066 samsung lcd flat screen, and the samsung blue ray player, so the anynet feature attracted me. i didnt plan on going all samsung, it just worked out that way.

anyway, to keep me from going crazy with choices, i decided to focus on HTIB and like i said, i had it down between this samsung ht-as720 and the sony SS-2000. mainly because of their hdmi ports, lack of dvd player since i already have blue ray, etc. etc.

anyway at first i was convinced on the sony because it has 1000 watts compared to 650, and actually sounded better in the store. but whatever, i've decided to buy both and feel how they are in my room which is relatively small.

so i hooked it up and it sounded pretty good. i started to fiddle around with all the settings and sound effects and thats when i got some problems. first of all, the surround right speaker doesnt even work, maybe it's the wire that came with it, or if it's the receiver input for the speaker im screwed. i plugged the same speaker into another port and it worked so its not the speaker. i did what liveandbreathe said just to try out how it would sound and for some reason when i played a blue ray dvd or played music, the subwoofer wouldnt be producing any sound at all and the entire system sounded weak overall. maybe for movies it sounds good, but for music it's terrible. another thing was whenever i put a movie in, the reciever automatically switched to DVD MULTI-CHANNEL and it wouldnt let me change between DTS6, DOLBY, or whatever other audio setting i wanted. it was just stuck on that and on some movies, only the right, left, and center speakers would be producing sound while the surround wasnt and i couldnt do anything to change that since it was stuck on dvd multi-channel.

also, ive read all manuals over and over and i cant get anynet to work properly, yes, i can turn the tv on and receiver on with the same remote, and turn everything off by but not the blue ray dvd player, the codes supplied in the manual dont work at all. and even if anynet did work, there arent all the buttons i would need to control everything on one of the remotes samsung provides. they all control different more detailed aspects of each device that you can only have access to with that certain remote. it only seems anynet is good for volume control and power.

i really want to love this system. is anyone else having these problems?

here's my setup

bd1400 blue ray via hdmi to AS720 then hdmi out to samsung 4066 lcd tv
post #558 of 1650 Old 12-27-2007, 06:03 AM

With a large room that has high celings, could any one reccomend the best approach to set up. For the rear speakers it is hard to hear the subtleties that I am used to hearing with other surround sound products. My surround speakers are placed fairly high so that could be part of the issue. I don't have surround speakers hooked up yet to make this a 7 speaker system. Would that help? Let me know your thoughts please, thanks!
post #559 of 1650 Old 12-27-2007, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajafresk View Post

also, ive read all manuals over and over and i cant get anynet to work properly, yes, i can turn the tv on and receiver on with the same remote, and turn everything off by but not the blue ray dvd player, the codes supplied in the manual dont work at all. and even if anynet did work, there arent all the buttons i would need to control everything on one of the remotes samsung provides. they all control different more detailed aspects of each device that you can only have access to with that certain remote. it only seems anynet is good for volume control and power.

i really want to love this system. is anyone else having these problems?

The Anynet works the same for me. Sometimes there are handshake problems as well where I have to power up the devices in a certain order. You can still get most of the TV settings with the as720 remote, but the fact that the receiver does not turn on with the tv erks me. It's the small things that drive me crazy.

As far as my overall feelings for this system, they are mixed. I hate the speakers. That is why I went with the Onkyo 908. Still waiting on it's arrival.
post #560 of 1650 Old 12-27-2007, 07:27 AM

Trying to get through all of these posts could get me fired, but I'm almost done. Question for you though. When you are listening to audio of dvd or whatnot through the receiver do you mute the TV sound?

MY Tv have the simulated surround sound which sounds good, but I figure that I wouldn't need the TV output if I have 5.1 speakers. Also, my JVC TV has the capabilities to be a center channel. Is this worth it compared to the center channel provided in the Samsung HTiB system?

Also, my last HTiB (which was fried by a storm) I still have the 10" powered subwoofer. Should I swap out the sub in the package with my sub? Will this changed the balance of this system as the subwoofer will be bigger?

Lastly, any recommendations for the speakers to add to this for 7.1 sound? Will they be small back speakers?

I'll be hooking up my Toshiba HD-A2 into one HDMI and my Dish 722 HD-DVR into the other HDMI. Xbox will be hooked up with the optical in. I'm hoping not to have any problems. I'll keep an eye on the HDMI sound PCM or bitstream. There seems to be some disagreement.

The room is square about 12x12 with two large (double door sized) openings to go into the dining room or up the stairs.
post #561 of 1650 Old 12-27-2007, 07:32 AM

does this unit have hdmi audio pass thru
post #562 of 1650 Old 12-27-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleytodd69 View Post

???
For what purpose would an HDMI AUDIO pass-through make sense?
post #563 of 1650 Old 12-27-2007, 07:55 AM

to get uncompressed audio you have to send your audio to the receiver via hdmi. audio optical cannot do uncompressed
post #564 of 1650 Old 12-27-2007, 08:10 AM

Quote:

to get uncompressed audio you have to send your audio to the receiver via hdmi. audio optical cannot do uncompressed

This is the answer to my question?
1) Your player can uncompress audio to LPCM. That must not be done in the receiver.
2) Audio optical is totally unrelated here.
3) You still have not answered my question: For what purpose would an HDMI AUDIO PASS-THROUGH make sense?

Audio pass-through means, the receiver doesn't touch the audio und just puts out to HDMI OUT, what comes in from HDMI IN.
To which device do you want to send audio from the receiver?
Why do you even send audio to the receiver, if it shouldn't touch audio at all?
post #565 of 1650 Old 12-27-2007, 08:16 AM

I guess i worded the first question wrong. what i am trying to ask is do you send the audio to your receiver with an hdmi cable or an audio optical cable
post #566 of 1650 Old 12-27-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:

I guess i worded the first question wrong. what i am trying to ask is do you send the audio to your receiver with an hdmi cable or an audio optical cable

Me? Personally?
I use a HDMI cable and a coaxial cable.

But this is a VERY different question to
Quote:

Don't you think so?
post #567 of 1650 Old 12-27-2007, 12:18 PM

Has anyone come across a remote control programming code for this unit yet?
post #568 of 1650 Old 12-27-2007, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
OK, I've read thru this entire thread over the last day and despite redlikecommie2 making me wish that punching my computer's monitor could knock his smug, arrogant block off, I went to Beast Buy and picked one up today because it was on sale for $500.

I will be using this with a Philips 7422 LCD HDTV, a PS3, an original Xbox, and a VCR. I don't have cable and pull OTA HD signals with (don't laugh) a set of rabbit ears. I live in an apartment, so earth-shattering volume/bass levels aren't required, but clear, accurate fidelity is. I am budget-limited and want to spend the minimum for a Blu-ray surround system. I know an Onkyo AVR plus much better speakers would be the best and when I get a house and stuff a full-tilt HT in it, that's what I'll do, but for NOW, I'm hoping this will do.

A few questions:

* I'll be ordering a pair of HDMI 1.3a cables from Monoprice to connect the PS3->AS720->TV. According to the Samsung site, the AS720 can NOT process Dolby Digital+, TrueHD, or DTS-HD. If this is so, what's the point of this receiver? Does the PS3 decode these audio formats internally and send send them via HDMI for playback? (Isn't this why an optical ToSlink can't be used - it can't handle the decoded stream?)

* The Xbox can connect via optical to the AS720 and component to the TV. While it would've been nice to funnel it thru the AS720, this isn't a deal-breaker. (My other HT setup has the video going to the set and audio to the AVR, so I'm used to it.)

* The TV has a S/PDIF jack to output to a receiver. Would a cable like this do the job? How about to connect the subwoofer, too?

* Do the basic cables come in the box? The manual (downloaded from the Samsung site) only lists the remote, the FM antenna and manual as accessories. Shouldn't the basics come with? I've seen posts about using better wiring - what should I get from Monoprice to upgrade any included wire?

* Upthread, someone mentioned these Monoprice speaker stands. Anyone actually using them and how are they working out? Since IKEA discontinued those stands also mentioned - a shame because I've got one in the area - I need some budget sticks to hold the speakers. I can't frigging believe that almost no one carries stands! I went to Meijer, Target, Sharper Image, Wal-Mart and Home Depot tonight and the only one with stands at any price was Target at $40/pair. (That's too much and why I didn't buy some at BB.) Many had multiple wall mounts, but no speaker stands. WTF is that about? Where else can I get reasonable priced stands for these speakers?

* If the VCR is plugged into the AS720, does any scaling get done or does it just get shunted out the HDMI cable to the set?

* I picked up a Harmony 550 remote to manage everything but the PS3. (No effing thanks to Sony for this. Jackholes!) Will this do?

Hopefully, you all will be able to answer these questions in time to beat the order cutoff deadline at Monoprice (i.e. 2 pm EST) so I can get my stands and cables after the New Year and get things put together. Thanks in advance.
post #569 of 1650 Old 12-27-2007, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my armed redoubt deep in the mountains of northern Ohio
Liked: 12
Through HDMI, the 720S will pass DD+,TrueHD and uncompressed PCM. Setup your PS3 (and HD DVD player for that matter) for PCM output. The PS3 and virtually all HD DVD players will decode DD+ and TrueHD and package it for the Samsung as PCM multichannel. Sounds great on this system.

42" in the dining room.
50" in the bedroom
80" in the living room

65" in the family room
106" in the family room

"There is another system"

Video Modes: SDTV-EDTV-XGA-HDTV-3D
All HD Modes: Blu Ray, HD DVD, DVHS

post #570 of 1650 Old 12-28-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post

According to the Samsung site, the AS720 can NOT process Dolby Digital+, TrueHD, or DTS-HD. If this is so, what's the point of this receiver? Does the PS3 decode these audio formats internally and send send them via HDMI for playback?

Yes, with the exception of DTS-HD Master Audio at the moment. Set the PS3 to PCM output.
Quote:

(Isn't this why an optical ToSlink can't be used - it can't handle the decoded stream?)

Practical: Yes and theoretical: No. The real reason is copy protection/DRM.
Quote:

How about to connect the subwoofer, too?...

???
Sure, why do you ask?
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page