Home Theater with 1080P Upconversion and Multiple HDMI inputs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-10-2007, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,

I recently bought a Samsung LN-T5265F, which is 52 1080P LCD TV. Now I am looking to buy a DVD Player & a Home Theater system.

I am not much into this Techie stuff. All I am looking into is to have a nice Picture Quality and nice sound system.

Following are simple questions I have and I appreciate all you inputs:
  • Which one is best Up conversion DVD Player in the market, which will output to 1080P on HDMI?
  • I am looking for a Home Theater with Couple of HDMI inputs and a HDMI Output
  • Are there any Home Theaters in market, which do both of the above (Up conversion to 1080P & Couple of HDMI Inputs)? If so which one is the best

Thanks for all your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-16-2007, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec60228 View Post

Hello All,

I recently bought a Samsung LN-T5265F, which is 52 1080P LCD TV. Now I am looking to buy a DVD Player & a Home Theater system.

I am not much into this Techie stuff. All I am looking into is to have a nice Picture Quality and nice sound system.

Following are simple questions I have and I appreciate all you inputs:
  • Which one is best Up conversion DVD Player in the market, which will output to 1080P on HDMI?
  • I am looking for a Home Theater with Couple of HDMI inputs and a HDMI Output
  • Are there any Home Theaters in market, which do both of the above (Up conversion to 1080P & Couple of HDMI Inputs)? If so which one is the best

Thanks for all your input.

The Onkyo HT-SP908 will do what you're looking for. You bought such a nice TV, though, that I hate to see you settle for an HTIB. You will not get very good speakers.

You may want to consider an HD-DVD player which will upscale DVD's as well, since you well get the most out of your new TV. A great option is the Toshiba HD-XA2 HD-DVD player which will upscale DVD's using HQV Reon technology which is superior to most. However, it's not cheap. Some of the newer Toshiba HD-DVD players are cheaper, but won't offer quite the same quality. There are fancy high end DVD players that will by themselves cost you over $1000. However, there are also very good affordable DVD players such as the Oppo 980 or 981. Then again, you may just want an HTIB and in that case you won't have the flexibility to pick and choose your components.

That Onkyo package above is a good bet for you, just keep in mind someday you may want to buy better speakers, and you can certainly do so with the AVR included in this HTIB. Keep in mind that when you add HDMI to an AVR, it boosts the price considerably, especially if you want both video and audio capabilities. Particularly with regards to video, if you want it to convert your analog inputs to digital and send them all out over a single HDMI cable, and upscale them all to 1080p, you will need to spend considerably more on your AVR to get that functionality.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-18-2007, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you My Friend,

I thought of going with Onkyo 908 because of following reasons:

1. the A/V receiver in it is Onkyo 605 (Best reviewed by many people)
  2. Both Audio & Video goes thru HDMI (No need of seperate audio cable)
  3. It has the DVD player in build to UPCONVERT the regular DVD's to 1080p
  4. Simple setup, considering both DVD Player & Home Theater are together and I don't need to buy another DVD Player and hook it up.
  5. in future, I will buy either HD/Blu-ray player
  6. I am not Techie and I have no Idea of how to set these up, so I am looking for ALL IN ONE kind of thing to go with

Please let me know if anything above is my assumption and anything is wrong.

Can you give me a Good Suggestion for buying components and hooking up them together?

For example, If I buy Onkyo 605 receiver. What do you think are the best to hook it up (Speakers, UPCONVERTING DVD Player,....)

Thank you for you great input.
Reply Home Theater In A Box

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page