Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for posting this. I have been running around in circles the past week trying to figure out how to build my own screen and frame (using WilsonArt as my material). I'm a complete idiot when it comes to handyman stuff like this so this is very helpful. However, I have some more total newbie/idiot questions for you...
1. Did you have to cut the laminate at all or was it "cut to size" for you? My understanding is that you have to order WilsonArt by the sheet (you can't have them custom cut). If you had to cut it, what did you use to cut it and any special tips I should be aware of when cutting it?
2. I'm assuming when you order the frame, you just give them the dimensions and they take care of everything for you or do I have to specify more than that (i.e. I need center supports, etc.)? I want a 52" x 92" actual viewing screen size (106") so are these the dimensions I should have the frame built?
3. Any reason you don't just have the laminate line up exactly with the frame - or shorten it so you only have an inch or so overlap of laminate without framing? Just curious why the frame is set 3" in from the edges of the laminate.
4. Where can you purchase "industrial" velcro?
5. This doesn't apply to you so you may not be able to answer it, but any ideas how a guy could mount this frame directly to the wall? I don't have the option to hang it from a ceiling. Can you drill brackets or hooks into these frames???