Mikrocontroller based screen masking - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 63 Old 12-12-2011, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have now installed all components on the boards, and done some testing, see video here. There are still some code that I want to add, but nothing that is really neccessary. Current functions:

1. Individual jog for all motors.
2. Store preset by pushing a "save" button, and then the desired preset-button. The current position and preset positions are stored in eeprom, so this is not lost when controller is turned off.
3. 12V trigger input so the controller turns on when I turn on the rest of the HT-gear.

Things to do:

-Store the current preset-number in eeprom. This would be nice in case I want to have buttons for next and previous preset on other Pronto pages than the dedicated masking page.

-Processing of end limit switches. Not sure yet if this is neccessary. The motors themselves already have a limit switch, so more is not needed for protection. Maybe for auto calibration if the positions changes.

- Subtitle mode. Move lower mask down, and let it stay down until sub-button is pressed again.

-IR-output to automatically control zoom on projector. Would be nice, but don`t know yet if my RS-1 projector is suitable for this.

- Change the jog buttons so that the motor stop when the button is released. Now the motor moves when the button is pressed, and continue to move until the same, or some other button is pressed. Probably need a hardware change to do this. No big deal though, works ok as-is.

I already have my Pronto programmed with some Sony CIRC-codes, but only from a regular TV-remote. So I only have about 30 codes or so available.
Not sure how many presets that can be stored, but there are about 115 Sony CIRC IR-codes that probably can be programmed into a eg. Pronto or Harmony remote. 15 or so buttons are needed for jog, save and possibly some other functions, so probably about 100 presets could be possible. More than 10 or so would probably just clutter the remote..

trgraphics: I think those motors would be too weak. My current manual masking needs about 20N of force to move, and it moves fairly easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 Old 01-02-2012, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Put some curtain tracks and some scrap fabric on my model today. I used some bungee(?) and pulleys to keep the fabric under tention. i could have used just the bungee, but I may want to be able to close the side masks completely, and running the bungee over a pully and back to the roller keeps the tention on the mask almost constant. I uploaded a video here. Not easy to see the bungee arrangement on the video though. I will probably do the same arrangement on the bottom mask, but gravity will do the job on the the top mask.

I think I`m now more or less ready to mount the full size version on my screen wall.
post #63 of 63 Old 01-04-2012, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Found a tool (makehex), that will generete a Pronto .hex-file from a .irp-file. With a file called sony12.irp as input I got a .hex-file with all the sony TV IR-codes that I needed. Another tool (hex2ccf) generated a Pronto .ccf-file from the .hex-file that I could load directly into the Pronto. Tested today, and the PICAXE can indeed decode all the 122 IR-codes in the file.

I made a simple Pronto screen for the masking system with some icons that use the IR-codes. As you can see, there are 12 buttons for presets. I dedicated the 30 first IR-codes for presets, so If I need more than 12 I can place all preset buttons on a separate page.

I also made a small hardware piece (retriggerable one shot) to keep a pin high on the PICAXEs as long as there is IR-activity. I want to use this to stop jogging when the button on the remote is released. As it is now one button press start jogging, and the next stop jogging. Can also be used as an emergency stop when moving from one preset to another.
LL
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page