Rollable Light Fusion Paint Mixes? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-06-2009, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What light fusion paint mixes can be rolled successfully with 1 coat?

I successfully rolled a mylar substrate test panel with 1 coat over 2 years ago. But I don't recall for sure what the paint mix was. I'm guessing 1 part each of paint, deep base, polycrylic, silver metallic, and pearl.

I have not tried the following two paint mixes. And I would like opinions on how well each might work with 1 rolled coat on to a light fusion substrate such as mylar.

Any opinions or advice regarding these paint mixes and / or any existing light fusion compatible mixes would be appreciated.

Fusion1 - American Style
18 oz flat paint (see note)
8 oz Minwax Polycrylic, 8 oz can
4 oz Createx airbrush extender or transparent base, same item
2 oz water

Fusion2 - Canadian Style
16 oz flat paint (see note)
8 oz Minwax Polycrylic
4 oz auto air aluminum fine, (AAA)
4 oz Createx airbrush extender / transparent base

Note: Choose a white or neutral gray flat paint that is recommended in this forum. I would check with Tiddler or his posts to determine the paint to use for Fusion1. And for Fusion2, I'd go with Bermuda Beige (427-2) or Bare Beige (327-2) based on mech's thread and post here. According to mech, these two work well with AAA and can be color matched at Lowe's, Ace Hardware, or Home Depot.

However, the above paint mixes, Fusion1 and Fusion2, are my untested adaptations from other paint mixes, and are not currently recommended by anyone.

Here's where I would shop for these products: whatever paint shop that has the chosen paint, Wal-Mart for the 8 oz polycrylic, Michael's for the Createx, and a local art store for the AAA. One of these stores may carry more than one of these items, and of course these items are sold online and likely at other brick & mortar stores.
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page