I went to doable and...i am confused - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-01-2010, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello everyone,

i went to doable diy screen a year ago. I just moved to a new apartment and it has white wall. Before I hang my screen, i tested my projector directly to the wall and...i could not find any difference between the wall and my doable screen. I hung my doable and tried to see difference between the wall and doable. I can't find any differencele between doable screen and the wall.

I am thinking to project directly to the wall. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-01-2010, 07:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehuman View Post

hello everyone,

i went to doable diy screen a year ago. I just moved to a new apartment and it has white wall. Before I hang my screen, i tested my projector directly to the wall and...i could not find any difference between the wall and my doable screen. I hung my doable and tried to see difference between the wall and doable. I can't find any difference between doable screen and the wall.

I am thinking to project directly to the wall. What do you guys think?

I think your very lucky to have a smooth white surface to project as large an image upon as you want. Doable or any other "materials" that are considered "Hang & Shoot" are desirable because of their being exactly that.

Someone at sometime had to effectively finish out your Drywall and apply primer and paint in a expert manner to provide you with the surface your using. Otherwise you'd have had to do it yourself (DIY ) or opt for something like Doable if such was an impossible or distasteful task.

perhaps the best that can be offered is this;

littlehuman's post shows that you can paint just as good as a surface as can be manufactured....leastwise when it involves a simple color on top of a well finished out surface or material.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page