Black Widow with Sherwin Williams paint & Henry 558? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-18-2010, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'd like to make up some screen paint, and the Black Widow mix looks pretty spiffy. The Henry 558 mix is a lot cheaper than the alternative, but nobody seems to be using it - is there a reason why? This is my first go at making a screen, so I'd like to have enough for a do-over.

Also, since there's no Lowes in my area, I was hoping to get my paint from sherwin-williams. Does anyone know what variety of latex paint I should ask for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-20-2010, 08:59 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasticteapot View Post

I'd like to make up some screen paint, and the Black Widow mix looks pretty spiffy. The Henry 558 mix is a lot cheaper than the alternative, but nobody seems to be using it - is there a reason why? This is my first go at making a screen, so I'd like to have enough for a do-over.

Also, since there's no Lowes in my area, I was hoping to get my paint from sherwin-williams. Does anyone know what variety of latex paint I should ask for?

Cashmere flat will give you your longest open time for fewest roller lines and lap marks. i'm not a fan of foam rollers for any project but many suggest them. I prefer the microfiber 5/16 or soft woven 3/16. I work for Sherwin so feel free to pm me if you have an questions about your project or painting in general. I know a thing or two about our products. I've made a few different combos using sw products for my pj at home also.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-15-2012, 10:16 AM

Liked: 10
Tgse3,
In my hand I hold a quart of stock Superpaint, I've tried ProClassic int Acrylic latex satin and it burned my room down from the hot spots(although the colors were fantastic). After repainting my walls dark and covering my floor with a textured carpet, I am left with painted a new screen. Should I use just a stock white? or try a more adventurous approach and mix one.
My projector has pretty good contrast and frankly I really don't want to paint another screen because a mixture not being right for my set up. So I guess what I am asking in so many words is, Is Superpaint good enough alone.
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page