AVS Forum banner

Best silverscreen paint for polarized screen?

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  xhonzi 
#1 ·
I've heard rustoleum has a quart of paint that can be sprayed on and does a decent job of keeping everything polarized.....just wonder if you guys can recommend anything better? Any tips?

#4 ·
Mechman didn't seem to know much more than the 2 threads I could dig up here and at hometheatershack.

The guy in xhonji's link went to a active shutterglass 3d system and the guy in the HTS thread said he was going to experiment and report back but never appeared again.

Does anybody have any info on paintonscreens 3d screen paint?

I have some AAA-f that I was going to use for a 2d screen but I'd rather get this 3d screen down first. I don't mind experimenting if anybody has any ideas not touched upon in previous 2 attempts or wants to send some leftover base paint for me to try. I have the ability to spray.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Like so many others, I gave up on my dream of a passive screen for several reasons- primary among them was cheap active PJs and cheap active glasses. I never found a solution to short throw, non hotspotting, affordable, polarisation retaining screen material.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.