The "What my wife said when she saw the finished screen for the first time" thread. - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 39 Old 03-06-2013, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey there, i have been a long time lurker here - just actually joined up recently because the wife and i bought a house and i just bought my first real pj.

at first she thought the idea was stupid - we already had a tv. then after trying to figure out where the heck we would put our couch and not have my b&w cdm7se towers near a door\fireplace\entrance to the room (because i am fearful that somone will bump them and knock them over) i decided to put them ~20 feet from where the couch will go... she said "how are we going to see the TV?"

and then i said, remember that projector i was talking about? then i started looking at costs and i felt kind of selfish for spending a grand or more on myself and getting depressed that i shouldnt go forward with it. then she comes at me and says, i just got a credit card with points on it. we just bought a new bed, and paid it off with our refund from closing - and we make enough money to buy a projector and be okay if thats really something you have always wanted - i want to be here to help you do it.

i nearly started crying at work haha. so thats that - i ended up buying a panasonic pt-ar100u after debating about going with an epson 8700ub and spending another several hundred bucks - but i decided that she likes to have the lights on, and with any ambient light, i aught to get the one that works better in that situation.

so here i am smile.gif

once this project is done, infinite baffle in the attic for two 18's and serious LFE is next ^_^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 AM

Liked: 11
My wife really didnt think it was needed she said she is fine with the 19" crt tv in our room.

She couldnt invision the final product so she was stressing it.

But she gave me the ok to do it. The first night i had the projector on...she said ok ill admit its pretty cool. She still isnt into it like i am..but she still think its cool.we havent had any company over yet to see it. Its almsot done.
post #33 of 39 Old 03-06-2013, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by blastermaster View Post

My wife acts all nonchalant about it when it's just the two of us. But when guests come over, it's the highlight of the tour and she really likes to show it off. If that's what floats her boat and allows me to keep evolving my theater, then I'm all over it.

Haha! I got notification of this response in my email. I had to come to the thread to check whether it was really written by you, or you were just quoting something I'd written earlier in the thread! smile.gif It seems to be a fairly common theme.
post #34 of 39 Old 03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
she likes to have the lights on

Kinky. Yes, my mind is in the gutter. My apologies. smile.gif

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure" - Rowena Ravenclaw
post #35 of 39 Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 AM

Liked: 10
I had talked about going into the Home Theater for a while, I have always had a media room with a large tv and some nice seating wherever we lived but after we got married I kinda cut down. I just started construction on my Home Theater (plan to either finish or almost finish this weekend) but I'm one of the lucky ones.

We just bought a house and she actually said I could have one of the three bedrooms as my media room. I then worked overtime to afford all the equipment (she made me work overtime, she said I could spend as much as I wanted on it as long as it wasnt normal money coming in biggrin.gif ) So I worked overtime for a few months, saved up and bought all my stuff.

As everything is coming together in the room, my wife just says this "I cant wait to watch my dramas in here." ...... Maybe I should highlight the "Man Cave" sign on the door frown.gif
post #36 of 39 Old 03-07-2013, 06:39 AM
DIY Grand Dad (w/help)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talimore View Post

We just bought a house and she actually said I could have one of the three bedrooms as my media room. I then worked overtime to afford all the equipment (she made me work overtime, she said I could spend as much as I wanted on it as long as it wasnt normal money coming in biggrin.gif ) So I worked overtime for a few months, saved up and bought all my stuff.

As everything is coming together in the room, my wife just says this "I cant wait to watch my dramas in here." ...... Maybe I should highlight the "Man Cave" sign on the door frown.gif

Charge admittance. Ya gotta put some value into all your hard earned effort.biggrin.gif

Get creative.....you might want to take advantage of this Golden Ticket opportunity. Just give her 1-2 Free Passes to get her hooked good, then reel that catch in, Baby! cool.gif

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
post #37 of 39 Old 03-07-2013, 06:04 PM

Liked: 14
She said it before the screen was up. We went to an ampitheater in a hotel showing a movie, and she looked at the seats, sat down, looked at the speakers, peared at the screen and said "you're gonna make this place look sick".
post #38 of 39 Old 03-07-2013, 11:42 PM

Liked: 12
Redoing the living room, she said, "if you want dark colors these will tie into the decor". Thinking the Colors would be lighter than I was thinking she showed me what she was thinking, (all dark grey).

I could hardly contain my smile as I said, "ya, I guess that would work!"

post #39 of 39 Old 03-10-2013, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 29
My wife hardly comes down to the theatre room, so it's mostly used by me to play driving games or for movie nights with my friends. However, we were at a wedding today and now the bride and groom are coming over next week to watch The Hobbit, and the groom and a friend will be over next weekend for UFC 158. I spoke to nobody about my home theatre. smile.gif
Reply DIY Screen Section

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page