The Official Silver Fire V.2 Thread. - Page 63 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes
post #1861 of 1862 Unread Today, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter
DIY Grand Dad (w/help)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Hi!

..............again.

JKA

First, I suggest you get the w1080st, go for a 110" diagonal 16:9, and hang the PJ so the Lens is at 5' 8"

The arse end of the PJ should just clear the Fan Blades, or fall just below them. The Fan, rather than the Can lights, is your biggest logistical hurdle.

Oh yeah....go with a 100" screen and 5' 2" throw and you'll see 40 Foot Lambert off Silver Fire v2.5 3.0

That sir, should let most any light short of direct Sunlight exist and still you'll have a watchable image. Shades pulled down 1/2 makes the most sense though......and the front Can Light lamps changed over to Spot lamps. Still want to employ the Dimmer, but you should get away with "less" dimming that you would otherwise.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 1862 Unread Today, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
Hi!

..............again.

JKA

First, I suggest you get the w1080st, go for a 110" diagonal 16:9, and hang the PJ so the Lens is at 5' 8"

The arse end of the PJ should just clear the Fan Blades, or fall just below them. The Fan, rather than the Can lights, is your biggest logistical hurdle.

Oh yeah....go with a 100" screen and 5' 2" throw and you'll see 40 Foot Lambert off Silver Fire v2.5 3.0

That sir, should let most any light short of direct Sunlight exist and still you'll have a watchable image. Shades pulled down 1/2 makes the most sense though......and the front Can Light lamps changed over to Spot lamps. Still want to employ the Dimmer, but you should get away with "less" dimming that you would otherwise.
Thank you for the suggestions, sir Unfortunately my wife is pretty adamant that the PJ must be mounted behind the fan The lowest part of the fan blades are 8" from the ceiling. So I believe as long as the lens sits at 9", I should be able to get the image past the fan. Does that sound reasonable? I can send more pictures from other angles if that might help you analyze my potential setup and give you more ideas. I'd welcome your expertise! (I'm a complete noob at this)

Do you think my efforts will be futile if I can't do the short throw PJ for the brighter image? :\

My wife and I agreed that 106" is the biggest we can do, and with the Benq 1070, the furthest we can put the PJ is 10'11" (about 3 feet from the wall), if we were to do a 100" screen, we'd have to put the PJ even closer :\

Oh and I went to PM you about ordering the sintra order from Laird Plastics, but then realized I'm required to have 15 posts before I can PM

Thanks again, MM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Screen Section

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page