The Official Silver Fire V.2 Thread. - Page 65 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17Likes
post #1921 of 1923 Old 02-14-2015, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter
DIY Grand Dad (w/help)

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 298
momswgn,

Your right, they are more expensive....but the least expensive Electric Tab tensioned screens are pretty much equal tp the most expensive.

Silver Fire is a equal opportunity application...if the surface is a smooth, 1.1-1.2 gain, and has an effective Tensioning system, it's all that's needed .

Topperdude,

You can paint onto a non Tab Tensioned screen....I've done so all the way out to 135"ers. But I was obliged to say that the very same reasons I used a Tab Tensioned screen ...a truly flat surface....always. Number 1 thing Number 2. I needed assurance that the Screen would come, spray flat, and stay flat. They meant I would not be risking my time and money on less than stellar results. Otherwise... Why even. There are inexpensive Fixed screens....but there are also inexpensive 100" Tab Tensioned screen as well.

I found this Elite maxi-White Tab Tensioned 100"er
http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-...sioned+screens
...and just a quick click away is a price that would surprise you.

Certainly not 100.00 ,but worth the proper money spent, I mean....would you really spend more for the SF paint than the Retractable screen that must be "good enough" to warrant (...and risk...) the effort

Don't answer that!
It's really always about budget vs performance. What one wants, and what one can afford.

I say this.....a good screen can over compensate for the shortcomings of a projector. Better to spend on a dependably great surface to show whatever content a PJ can muster, or have a potentially aggravating wave or curl-up.prevent you from enjoying what should be a pristine experience.

Any good, budget 1080p with 1600 to 2000 lumen can light up a SF screen at 100" to 120".Of course the 100" size has the distinct advantage., And SF adds so much!

So consider that every 100.00 you don't spend on the PJ can go to the Tab Tensioned Justification Fund.There are great PJs for at or less than 1000.00 that will wow you at 100".

Just sayin'

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 1923 Unread Today, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have a passive 3d projector. Does this Silver Fire paint recipe produce a result that preserves polarization for passive 3d?

Two Schneider Cine Digitar Anamorphic lenses for sale here:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/252-fr...hic-1-33x.html
post #1923 of 1923 Unread Today, 11:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
silver fire, in it's current configuration (as listed on this diy forum) does not support passive 3d... as it does not contain metal content and therefore does not retain polarization.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Screen Section

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page