Rs maxx mudd ll v2? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-23-2011, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone give me any feedback on using this mix (RS MAXX MUDD LLV2) with the projecter below? Or if anyone has a better idea pleae advise. I didnt get any responses to the original thread and I would hate to spray this on the wall if there is a better mix to use.

"Hoping someone has some ideas.....The room is 100% light controlled (a true cave) and the JVC (HX2) can be ceiling mounted anywhere up to 20 feet from the screen wall. The screen wall is 8 ft high by 14ft wide. I know this unit is not a high output proj. but I would like to go at least 96 inches diagonal if the pros feel the lumens are high enough. The proj has a new bulb and is being projected onto a killz 2 painted wall now (It is very watchable but I know a paint mix will improve the image) I have the wagner sprayer and I am comfortable rolling or spraying. I also have the trim and velvet ready to go once I know a good size for the screen. Thanks in advance, Bob"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-24-2011, 02:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28WHO View Post

Can anyone give me any feedback on using this mix (RS MAXX MUDD LLV2) with the projecter below? Or if anyone has a better idea pleae advise. I didnt get any responses to the original thread and I would hate to spray this on the wall if there is a better mix to use.

"Hoping someone has some ideas.....The room is 100% light controlled (a true cave) and the JVC (HX2) can be ceiling mounted anywhere up to 20 feet from the screen wall. The screen wall is 8 ft high by 14ft wide. I know this unit is not a high output proj. but I would like to go at least 96 inches diagonal if the pros feel the lumens are high enough. The proj has a new bulb and is being projected onto a killz 2 painted wall now (It is very watchable but I know a paint mix will improve the image) I have the wagner sprayer and I am comfortable rolling or spraying. I also have the trim and velvet ready to go once I know a good size for the screen. Thanks in advance, Bob"

Bob,
You'll be pleased to know that way back when that PJ was still a current model,(Fall of 2004) I debuted the very first "standard" RS-MaxxMudd application on a 120" diagonal screen, set in a Garage setting. It was the images I posted that put a great many people on notice that even a "Silvery White" screen could...with just 500 lumens, produce a extremely watchable image even in moderate ambient light. Using a reference White surface, the increase in perceived contrast on the RS-MaxxMudd surface was plainly apparent.

I would however suggest that you mount the PJ more to the forward point of your available throw. It's brightness is very uniform between 17' and 13', but getting everything you can out of the PJ is a good way to assure yourself of optimal results.

Use that Wagner to spray it on....you'll be glad you did!

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page