Sherwin Williams - Is it available in Europe? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-09-2012, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone,

After reading the review of the ProClassic Smooth Enamel Satin at projector central I have been trying to find it in Europe, in particular in Germany.

I don't think I have missed a thread on this but it may be I have. So has anyone from this side of the world found a supplier of this paint?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
You want the Dulux "light and Space" with Lumitec technology. Velvet Matte. Here's a good thread for you to read: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1310840

Also, google the European forums on the Dulux paint.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-10-2012, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Kirnak and thank you for tapping out a response. I am aware of alternatives (some years ago i even mixed some paints together), but given what projector central has written I would like to try the brand and type I have written about.

Unless the Dulux product is an exact copy or just rebranded I am still interested to hear from people who know if SW distribute in Europe.
post #4 of 6 Old 04-10-2012, 06:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by darbid View Post

Hi Kirnak and thank you for tapping out a response. I am aware of alternatives (some years ago i even mixed some paints together), but given what projector central has written I would like to try the brand and type I have written about.

Unless the Dulux product is an exact copy or just rebranded I am still interested to hear from people who know if SW distribute in Europe.

No it is not.

The Dulux Lumitec paint Kirnak suggests is the brightest "matte" paint I've found "over there".
Specifically, it's called "Ultimate White". The "Light & Space" designation is a grouping of products that represent the Lumitec technology.

Don't tie your hands by feeling that just because the PC article stated how good that specific paint is that it's the only applicable choice. Instead, read where the main criteria was to find a "roll-able" paint.

BTW...the Dulux paint is EXTREMELY thick, and in my opinion requires a bit of thinning with pure water if rolling, and a LOT of thinning if your going to spray.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
post #5 of 6 Old 04-10-2012, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you Granddad,

Your experience in this section is easily identifiable.

I will have another look at the Dulux stuff. I am pretty sure last time I used it along with some other ones.

I have written to SW to once and for all check. Also if I find my self in a country that does sell it, I might get it there.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-10-2012, 07:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by darbid View Post

I have written to SW to once and for all check. Also if I find my self in a country that does sell it, I might get it there.

By all means, do check. It would not be the first time someone did so and uncovered a revelation. Learning can come from any direction, and often from those wholly unknown to those supposedly "in the know".

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page