Got a lot more done last night that I thought. I got the walls painted, but I think they'll need another coat. That's no big deal, I'll probably throw another coat on this week. I also got the curtains up, which was more of a pain than I wanted, but about as much of a pain as I figured. I did a quick wash/dry on them to get the creases out then ran the wire through them and attached the wires on the ends of the room. Those curtains turned out to be a lot heavier than I figured as no matter how hard I pulled the wire, I couldn't get them up to the ceiling without figuring I was just going to break something.
Out came the hammer drill and the anchors. I ended up scrunching the 40" panels down to 24" to just match the ceiling tiles. I put a hole then an anchor and a screw in right below the ceiling and then "hung" the wire on the screw. Seems to work pretty well. I have a little sag, but over the course of 24", it's not too bad. I can see some of the white wall behind it though, so I'm going to try to tweak it a little bit. The curtains are also too long, so I'm going to fold them up behind themselves and use a few safety pins to hold them.
Now I guess it's time to focus on my movable panels and keep my eyes peeled on Craigslist for cheap carpet to throw down there.