Building a New Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-17-2012, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Need help on what screen material to use for my new 124" x 74" frame. Are any of the Ebay sellers selling a good quality material? If not who does and how do I get in touch with them? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Thank you.

Golffnutt

"GO DAWGS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-17-2012, 03:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Let us in on the PJ you have, the room's condition (Lighting - Paint scheme - PJ location) and as to if you wanting to use something to be considered as being actual "Screen material".

As to the latter, you can find several MFg nowadays who will sell their material. And there are the old standbys (Phiffer -Rosebrand -etc) but we don't really discuss those options in detail on here, opting to concentrate instead on the enviable ability to make exceptional DIY Screens out of materials "NOT" specifically intended for use as "Screen surfaces". For those details, opinions, and recommendations you should visit /post up on "Screens".

The Fellows on EBay? Proceed on your own advice and at your own risk. Personally, I haven't ever seen anything in the way of plaudits coming from that direction. Really, not much of anything at all, and I pretty much scour the postings on both sides of the Screen Universe regularly.

Stick around on here and you can consider Spandex, or Blackout Cloth painted with some special formula if needed.

You've been around the AVS block for a while, and on here occasionally, so you know what is possible and what might have the potential to create an exceptional DIY Screen. Just let us know if truely staying with DIY is in your best interest or plans, and we'll take it from there....or not, as you decide.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page