DIY Spandex Screen Help!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-27-2012, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello, new to the forum and i must say very impressed. alot of great info. I am planning on building a diy screen. it will be 120 inch and looking to use spandex for AT screen. my room will be a home theater with total light control. projector will be an epson 3010. i was wondering if i should use a white spandex or a silver spandex for a dark room. also if anyone has any links for good spandex. i live near a joanns, but not sure what i should be looking for. i read in some threads of the spandexworld spandex. can i get similar at joanns or do i need to order. any help would be great. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-28-2012, 08:24 AM

Liked: 14
The Joann's that I went to (in Michigan) didn't have matte (non shiny sheen) spandex. The sales associate said that they didn't usually get matte spandex. You want a matte screen for front projection. I ordered the Moleskin matte silver from Spandexworld. I'm using a dlp projector. I replaced white sheerweave 4500 maybe, with the above mentioned spandex and I didn't have to change any color settings. I did have to change contrast and slightly changed brightness. The silver is not a dark color. It is brighter than it appears on peoples post on AVS. I think that the silver wouldn't hurt anything and will help contrast and blacks.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-29-2012, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

thanks. i thought also the silver. i was hoping someone new of perfect fabric from joanns, but ill just order from spandexworld. thanks for the info.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-06-2012, 07:49 AM

I ordered from spandexworld and am quite happy with my results.
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page