Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-24-2012, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quick story:
I was trying to decide between a 16:9 or 2:35 screen before I bought the material..I decided to take down my old screen and paint a 2:35 screen on the wall to see if I liked it. I found paint that came close to the screen material I wanted to use, in shade and color..it was just an experiment..taped off the wall, painted it, and fired up my projector. I liked what I saw so much, I can't go back. It wasn't perfect by any means, but I realized I had so much control over my screen. I've experimented with different paint mixes and screen sizes and even though I'm happy with my latest screen, thanks to Mississippi Man, next up is your MaxxMud formula, I think it's called (I'm typing from memory which ain't to good at times biggrin.gif) for low lumen projectors (850). I found the link for the sprayer..never thought I'd go there, but this just too much fun. When I reach the end I'll post a pix!.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-24-2012, 04:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Ok Chewy,

But do yourself the favor of reviewing and then asking a few pointed questions before you start squirtin.' Such enthusiasm deserves a great outcome, and making sure that happens is why we are here spending time.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"
post #3 of 3 Old 08-24-2012, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post

Ok Chewy,
But do yourself the favor of reviewing and then asking a few pointed questions before you start squirtin.' Such enthusiasm deserves a great outcome, and making sure that happens is why we are here spending time.
After my initial OMG!, I began to read the DIY section and all the problem posts followed by your advice. I found out I had to "Skim" my wall, this was a first for me and it took some doing and it's still not quite there even though if "feels" smooth, when I put a paint with a satin finish on it, and hit it with my pj, it shows the error of my ways. So I'm using a flat paint for now..very forgiving, thank the maker, so now I will sheet rock the area with a little help from my friends as I would like to see a screen with:
1) Exact measures and balance of paints
2)l The benefits of a screen with a finish
I've learned a ton and at my age it keeps my gears-a-grinding. I will ask questions if I can't find the answer and many thanks for all the answers I have found.
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page