For those in the midst of, or considering DIY projects, there might be some delay in my responding.............. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-02-2012, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 257
......because I'll be in Denver, CO from today (...driving myself out there at 7pm) until the 12th. doing "my thing". For any urgent request for help or advice, it would be best to PM instead of Post so I can more easily monitor the requests. Beyond that, some of the New Comers and the "Old Guard' can easily take up whatever slack remains....and probably do so with less verbosity too. biggrin.gif

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-03-2012, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have fun!
post #3 of 4 Old 09-05-2012, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Thanks for the reply and the well wishes. I'll tell you something, has anybody knows who has made such a long drive non stop, 17 hours on the road without a break can make having a good time upon your arrival completely contingent on what you're able to consume once you get there. In my case , all it took was too microbrews and I was prone and having a very good time.... Snoozing.

My little project here is to construct a 84 inch diagonal Silver Fire 6.0 and match it up with a Viewsonic 3000 Lumen short throw projector. I plan to see just how much insane directed high pressure sodium light that such a combination can handle. I'll also give it a try using a 48 inch wide blackout cloth shield across the top of the screen wall, so as to block the directed overhead light yet still allow all of the intense ambient light from the several dozen 3000 watt light fixtures in the Denver Expo Center to flood the booth display.

The screen will be painted directly onto drywall substrate and the paint mix I'll be using will be the same mix as is posted on the Silver Fire thread.

Personally speaking, I'm digging on this Viewsonic PJ. It is a DLP unit and it has 15,000 to 1 contrast ratio, which is quite high for a WXGA -DLP - PJ that also has such a high lumen output. I expect (ie: hope ) for great results. You can be certain I will be posting some screenshots, which by the way are going to be coming from AVS member Super Leo's Blu-Ray Home Theater demonstration disk, which she "HE"so graciously provided for me to use on this occasion.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
post #4 of 4 Old 09-05-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Good luck on the driving as well as for the show. I have found that for long drives chocolate works for me, since coffee forces you to additional stops biggrin.gif

Keep us posted if you have time.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

Reply DIY Screen Section

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page