Another spandex screen thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-19-2012, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently decided to get rid of my old rear projection tv and go with something bigger and better.

I have decided to go with an Epson 6010 and an AT screen using a false wall in a 18”x 32” loft 8ft ceilings.

My room is fully light controlled. I will watch movies and HD cable 80% of the time in the dark. There will be some occasions where lights will be on such as kids birthday parties or perhaps during the Superbowl if I have guests over but that is very rare.

I do spend a small amount of time gaming (first person shooters) but I don’t want that to drive decisions.

I am trying to decide on 130” screen and I am pretty much sold on a Spandex DIY project. A close second is a Jamestown HT made with Seymour center stage XD material. I would be interested if anyone had opinions on how test two would compare.

I also have EluneVision AT and Grand View Perf screens easily available to me as an option, I don’t like the price of these but if someone tells me one of these is better than spandex or center stage I will consider spending the money and doing it right the first time.

First post for me but I think I have read almost every Spandex DIY post there is on avs over the last few weeks. My head is spinning and I dream of Spandex in my sleep, not something one wants to admit to others.

I think (but not sure) that white spandex over silver is the way to go in my setup. If Silver is the backing and it is sold out at Spandex World is there another backing. Has anyone tried black backing? Or two layers of white?

I still have the false wall to build so I can wait for Silver spandex to backorder to come in (if it ever does).

Any advice for a newbie?

Thanks.
Reply DIY Screen Section

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page