110" DIY Spandex AT Screen - Page 41 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 106Likes

post #1201 of 1202 Old 09-14-2016, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
The x500 isn't going to disappoint. I suggested the Epson not so much for it's lower cost as it's brightness is well suited for use with a Spandex application.
I just recently put one up, and it absolutely killed at 170" on a extremely dark gray painted surface. The ONLY thing it does not have going for it is a absolutely pristine, "pixel-grid free" image at a distance of 24" or under from the screen. But 4'? It's just not there. The JVC on the other hand has no such limitation.

And that is very important if your going to be sitting 2' from the screen.

BTW...PM me because I might have access to a x500 new at a used price.
I already have an X500. Eventually I might go for an X5000, but I just don't have the budget right now as I recently bought a used set of MK MP300 LCR speakers, half the new price, but that's still not cheap...That's why I've been looking into DIY screens.

BTW, I'm in the UK, so I guess it wouldn't work out anyway even if you meant you had access to a new X5000 at a used price.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet". William Shakespeare 1615
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1202 Old 09-14-2016, 12:13 PM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin1965S View Post
I already have an X500. Eventually I might go for an X5000, but I just don't have the budget right now as I recently bought a used set of MK MP300 LCR speakers, half the new price, but that's still not cheap...That's why I've been looking into DIY screens.

BTW, I'm in the UK, so I guess it wouldn't work out anyway even if you meant you had access to a new X5000 at a used price.
Nope. But you'll get there, I'm sure!
Kelvin1965S likes this.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Screen Section