AVS Forum banner

looking for economical screen solution

473 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MississippiMan 
#1 ·
i have set up the projector and furnished the movie room. for the last year, i have simply projected onto the forward wall that is currently a khaki tan color. one of the problems is that i have a slight orange peal texture to most of the wall, except where i previosly repaired some nail holes when we moved in a few years ago. i'm tired os seeing the change in textures and i'm ready to build a perfectly smooth screen with velvet trim. i'm in vicksburg, ms and looking for most economical way to do this. we have home depot in town, and a lowes 30 minutes away. my screen size will likely be anywhere from 96-17" so i'm thinking a 4x8 sheet of white board painted with something OTS such as behr silverscreen. my usual audience is myself, my two elementary age kids, and an occasional buddy for a football game or three. so, they are not the most demanding of sorts for the most high-tech and state of the art projector and screen capabilities.

I saw a thread on here a while back about some white board frm home depot with sku numbers and everything, but now i cant find it. what would be the preferable screen board to get at home depot and how should i attach it to the wall?

thanks in adviance.

See less See more
#2 ·
Ask for "Thrifty White Hardboard".

If your going to roll on paint, use Glidden Gripper Primer first....lightly sand the surface smooth, then apply the paint of choice using a 9" 3/8" Nap Roller.

You did not mention the PJ your using, so I cannot pass judgement on your choice of Silver Screen, nor give you any counter advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.