S-I-L-V-E-R runs...DOH! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-11-2012, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So there I was....
Finally the basement is finished, the 138" diagonal sintra screen is masked, the walkboard is set up, the paint is mixed and strained. I have the HVLP 2900 ready to rock. I've practiced on cardboard sheets and feel comfortable with the gun. So onto the walkboard for steady, even coats.

Well, coat #1 goes off without a hitch. 1 our later, coat #2......for those of you who know the 2900 gun, it has a rather long hose to deliver air pressure from the fan/compressor to the gun. Well, along the top of the screen as I was walking steadily along the walkboard, this hose got caught on a part of the walkboard, causing the steady gun movement to cease. So 1 hour later while the rest of the screen is dry, I have a spot, top dead center about the size of my fist which is still wet and has some runs.

Any thoughts on this. Going forward, I'll wrap most of the hose back around the compressor, but just wondering how to take care of this spot.

Thanks,
Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 04:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Well....in real time, it would have been best to daub the excess paint off, let the paint coat dry, and lightly sand the specific area. Then re-start the coating process..

Holding the hose in your opposite hand, and to the rear as you walk will usually prevent it from either snagging or your stepping on it.

Now that the paint is mostly dry, still try to daub (not wipe) off as much as you can using direct but light pressure. Oh yeah....make sure the cloth is slightly damp so the paint's stickiness doesn't create a raised blemish.

I hope I'm not too late....I only wish I'd checked the Forum 5 hours ago. frown.gif

Check your PMs

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com