What I've got:
- 12x18 room with good light control, though I'd like to build in some tolerance for low ambient light
- Planning seating at 12 & 17 feet
- Guessing screen size around 100-110 (gives me 20" or so top and bottom, 48" center)
- Viewsonic Pro8200, planning to mount it at 14'
- Almost all the ingredients for RS-MaxxMudd 2.1 (have to find the Rustoleum, HD no longer carries it)
- Refurb Graco HV2900 on the way
What I haven't worked out exactly is what I should do for the construction of the screen. I told the builder not to texture that wall, but they did anyway and then sanded it off when I mentioned the oversight. So it's not super smooth. It's been primed with something white-ish, I don't know exactly what. Can I smooth it enough to paint directly on the wall with good results, or do I need to plan on locating a supersize sheet of MDF or something else similar to work with? I'm not leaving this house for at least 5 years, probably 10, so portability is not a concern. Also -- aside from being basically white, is there a particular reason for choosing one primer over another?
Thanks for your help!