Can I just staple BOC straight to the wall and put some trim around it? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-29-2012, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Has anyone tried this? Do you think it will work? I think that if it does work, it would look pretty cool. I would put a very thin 'bezel' around, finished with velvet, for a sleek look. Just not sure if BOC will be ok to stretch, and staple to drywall. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-29-2012, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'd like to know myself as I'm planning on trying it on my "roll up" rig, which sucks, but only because the "high contrast" gray material I got from Carl's Place sucks so bad.

I want to try something similar but have it attached to a wooden cylinder I can roll it up on and then set on top of my massive bookshelf when I'm not using the projector. Then while it is in use, just keep it pulled tight with some tacks or velcro or something...
post #3 of 3 Old 12-29-2012, 06:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh007 View Post

Has anyone tried this? Do you think it will work? I think that if it does work, it would look pretty cool. I would put a very thin 'bezel' around, finished with velvet, for a sleek look. Just not sure if BOC will be ok to stretch, and staple to drywall. Any thoughts?

The amount of "Stretch" tension required using BOC or even Spandex is too great to allow the use of only Staples into 'only" 1/2" Drywall, and even if you could hit underlying wood framing all around, any 3/4" to 1" long Staple would almost assuredly Dimple either Fabric enough to transmit a wrinkle of Fold across the surface.

With Spandex, it would seem 'possible" to attach the outside edges to thin, wooden slats that could then be pulled out and attached to long, very heavy duty Velco strips, as even at a "Tight stretch" the tension would be far less that that required of BOC material.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page