painting wall - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-24-2013, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello,

New to posting on the forum although have lurked here for many years now.

I recently purchased an Epson 8345 (similar to 8350) and it is ceiling mounted (8ft ceiling)in a basement family room. It is about 13 ft from the wall and the screen will be projecting on an approx. 100 inch screen. There is no natural light and the light in the room is controlled by a dimmer switch (pot lights although non-recessed ones). The ceiling is white and the walls in the room are a dull light green colour.
I will be rolling the paint on and my skills are very limited as a handy-man. I was looking at using Behr 1050 with 124 Lamp Black, 028 Brown Oxide, 012 Medium Yellow as per the DIY screen guide.
Am I on the right track for this?
Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-24-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 232
For a simple, quick, roll-able solution, what your considering can & will work under the screen size your contemplating.

But don't dismiss considering a slightly higher gain Gray that is still roll-able. (RS-MaxxMudd LL )

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-24-2013, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks MM,

I will be pretty pressed for time over the next 2 months so I was planning on looking at something a little more complex at that time. If I use my original plan for now and then apply the RS-MaxxMudd LL over top in the future would there be any negative consequences to that?

Thanks again.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumanzc View Post

Thanks MM,

I will be pretty pressed for time over the next 2 months so I was planning on looking at something a little more complex at that time. If I use my original plan for now and then apply the RS-MaxxMudd LL over top in the future would there be any negative consequences to that?

Thanks again.

Yes...you would have to re-prime the surface back to a pristine White or the Top Coat would lose gain. I personally do not see an issue with going straight away with RS-MM-LL. It's roll-able, not at all much more expensive considering you have to figure in the cost of your original Paint...then the cost of more Primer to Re-Prime, as well as additional Rollers and such, and best of all you'd be good to go.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page