an update! The screen is done, and it looks marvelous...the light scenes (kids cartoons mostly) were ones where I could see my wrinkly screen previously - those are gone! Otherwise, I thought the picture looked great before - and it looks about the same to me. I admit I am no videophile though.
I greatly appreciate all the advice, particularly from MM! I have to admit I ignored some advice though...I sprayed the TWH laying flat on the bar...OH NO! It actually caused no problems, no dust fell in it and the finish came out quite nice. I really wanted a removable screen, so this made things easier all around. Spraying sure does cause a lot of dust, that stuff goes everywhere! I masked everything about 6' out from the spraying area, so none of it was wet...but it sure did make more dust than I thought it would!
I also sanded the TWH...every fiber of my being told me not to spray something so shiny without sanding. The sanding scratches swelled the first couple of coats, but disappeared by the 4th coat. If I had to do it again, I probably would not sand...but in the end it caused no harm.
I did something I hadnt heard of before...I used brick moulding for the frame - it is 1 1/4 inch thick, but only two inches wide. This gained me over 2" of diagonal screen size! Another nice benefit of the brick moulding (I got the PVC variety because it came in 8' lengths) is that if you put the side with the bevel facing backwards (the wall, not front of screen), it creates a nice indent to place the TWH. Screws every 12" all around (double at corners) and it is nice and secure. The PVC actually takes T50 staples quite nicely, better than wood. If anyone else tries this, be sure to fill the space under the screen when attaching the TWH to the frame...it keeps it from sagging in the middle. I used a mix of screws - coarse thread screws sink better into the PVC than fine thread.
I am pleased, it is an improvement over what I had - bigger and better
. I see no need to change any of my calibration settings...I used 2 ounces of colorant. I know 3 was the initial recommendation, but I went with two...I almost added the third, but it looked so dark! It dries lighter though...I might have done three if Michaels had enough silver.
I have yet to paint the tiles/soffit to make a shadow box...it's on the agenda though. Thanks for all the advice/thoughts!