Epson 8350 in a small room. Not satisfied with my screen and looking for an alternative. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-02-2013, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got and Epson 8350 and an Elite Screen ezCinema screenhttp://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-F84NWV-Projection-Screen-Telescoping/dp/B000HQJXLO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1364831839&sr=8-7&keywords=ezcinema+pull+up. I'm in a 10'x12' room, completely light controlled, dark blue walls, tan carpet, and white ceiling. The throw distance is 8' and the viewing distance is just under that.

The problem I'm having is that the screen material http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/electronics/detail-page/sc_b004vfhyh2-06closeuplg.jpg "shows up" in the image. In brighter screen you can see this texture and it can be somewhat distracting. It also might have that "screen door effect" and I'm not sure if that + the screen material is creating this issue.

What would you all say? Is it my short throw distance? The screen I purchased? What would be a good DIY screen That i could hang on my wall? Not only could I use different material but i could also gain 6" of throw.

This is my first projector and it was all good until I stared noticing this phenomenon. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-21-2013, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 171
I too had an Elite screen but mine was the fixed frame with the cinewhite material. I was very disappointed with it for that reason. The grain of the screen showed up easily and it also seemed to have a bluish tint to it. I switched back to a custom BOC screen and there is not a hint of grain and it looks perfectly white. I have compared BOC to much more expensive screens and I have to say, the BOC is by far my favorite. No grain, virtually unlimited viewing angle, no hot spotting, ect. Its just a very neutral screen material. I would try a BOC screen before buying a consumer screen.
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page