Gorilla's 130" 16:9 AT screen (and false wall) build - XD fabric, custom frame, grommet/o-ring tensioning - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 93 Old 08-13-2013, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 381
I will probably wind up treating 6' back since my screen is indeed close to the ceiling. The tape over the grid is a great idea. What about something like this:

http://www.tapebrothers.com/Pro-Gaff-Black-Gaffers-Tape-1-x-55-yards-p/pgbk1.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 93 Old 08-13-2013, 04:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

I will probably wind up treating 6' back since my screen is indeed close to the ceiling. The tape over the grid is a great idea. What about something like this:

http://www.tapebrothers.com/Pro-Gaff-Black-Gaffers-Tape-1-x-55-yards-p/pgbk1.htm

Until Protostar has a "Best in Class" option, it'll do nicely.....ridiculously so compared to a white grid.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

post #93 of 93 Old 08-15-2013, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 381
No need to move the posts guys, it's all good discusison. cool.gif

Very much looking forward to trying out these black 2x2 inlays for my ceiling with some tape for the grid to match. This will have to wait a few weeks though as I've got a few other projects going on at home.

Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page