False wall questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-16-2013, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I broke this out of my original post of my 110" spandex screen with gray moleskin only (so far)... due to the lack of any responses.

For my false wall I will need to make some removable panels and was checking out some material. I would guess I really need to use (what Hobby Lobby calls) the home decorating fabric VS a garment fabric? Does it pay to go with anything fancy? I do have spots that shine on the screen but not sure how noticeable a more intricate pattern on the wall will show. I'm kind of partial to a diamond pattern I spotted in a dark red color, the pattern is not outlandish by any means, but $$$. Or the other fabric I'm considering also a red pattern but with a slight sheen to it... any issue's with that sheen? Id be interested to here from anyone that has done fabric behind their screen and any thoughts of what they would do different...any pointers on attaching the panels, I'm thinking Velcro.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybwis View Post

I broke this out of my original post of my 110" spandex screen with gray moleskin only (so far)... due to the lack of any responses.

I have spandex screen myself but Milliskin Matte (White) over Milliskin Matte (Light Silver). I had just light Silver for over a week and found the picture to be too dark. Once I added the White, i found the color to be much brighter. ( I have W1080St).
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybwis View Post

For my false wall I will need to make some removable panels and was checking out some material. I would guess I really need to use (what Hobby Lobby calls) the home decorating fabric VS a garment fabric? Does it pay to go with anything fancy? I do have spots that shine on the screen but not sure how noticeable a more intricate pattern on the wall will show. I'm kind of partial to a diamond pattern I spotted in a dark red color, the pattern is not outlandish by any means, but $$$. Or the other fabric I'm considering also a red pattern but with a slight sheen to it... any issue's with that sheen? Id be interested to here from anyone that has done fabric behind their screen and any thoughts of what they would do different...any pointers on attaching the panels, I'm thinking Velcro.

Thanks

I am using the screen as AT with speakers behind, but I have window behind the screen and I am using BOC from Joan's with is working perfectly for me.
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page