Screen ideas - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-29-2013, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm planning out a projector setup but I'm hung up on the circuit breaker panel. The breaker is on the only wall that makes sense to project a screen. I want to paint my screen but in order to have access to the panel I would need to put it on some type of sliding mechanism. Has anyone done this? Trying to keep a budget around 1300 considering a benq1070.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-29-2013, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
If you choose to paint on a light weight substrate like Sintra or Komatex, you can hang it on your wall with French cleats which would make it a fairly simple process to remove and replace when you need access to the breaker box. If you decide to try a sliding screen of some sort, which direction would you prefer it slide, side to side? If so, though it would be slightly more adventurous, there may a way to rig a sliding screen using wood moulding and skateboard wheel bearings, though this is only a theory of mine on paper and I'd have to do some research to see if it would fly or not. smile.gif

And with the smart guys we have around here I wouldn't be surprised if someone had a better idea entirely..?
post #3 of 4 Old 08-30-2013, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I agree that french cleats would be an easy fix since you won't have to get into the electrical panel often (hopefully). People have also mounted from the top with piano hinges and a hook to the ceiling setup but that was for more frequent moving the screen out of the way to watch a tv behind or in a living room situation.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-30-2013, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks I'll work on the French cleats. I'll post the build process. This forum has motivated me to build a huge screen.
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page