pa75u lg LED projector!! looking a solution to turn my wall into a Screen!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 10-14-2013, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone! Please HELP ME!!!! I have a NEW LED LG projector. With no zoom. So I have a textured wall. And still looking VERY GOOD!!! but on light light I can see the wall texture. So my main question is. How can I even up the texture wall. What can I use. I painted already with pain called silver grey!!! And looks good. But still able to see the texture. I framed and also set RGB LED LIGHTS AROUND FROM AMAZON!!! VERY CHEAP!!! THAT I WILL TOTALLY RECOMEND for a better contrast and luxury style!!! Please help me what's the best material or paint or what can I fix my wall for a better HD screen. The size am projecting is a 80" giagonal!!!!! Thank you spoil much in anticipation!!! [IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-15-2013, 03:38 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 201
popNgame,

First let me welcome you to the AVS DIY Screen Forum.

Then I must ask what Trim you used that would seal the inside edges of the imaged area yet allow the LED Strips to lie behind it?

The LG PA75u is a DLP....not LED Projector, and it's only 500 lumens. (...but at least it's got 15,000:1 Contrast...)
Some might not know that the PS75u has a built in Digital TV Tuner...a feature man upcoming PJs will start to offer.

I don't think your helping yourself much by using any Paint solution that would reduce gain below 1.0, you need to use a paint that will retain what contrast your PJ delivers, every single lumen it outputs, and basically allows the LG to do the best job it possibly can. Don't tie it's hands!

Moving on, if the wall texture is simply "bumps", then the wall texture can be overcome by applying two or three light skim coats of Drywall Compound, and sanding after the 2nd & 3rd coats.

That might be a bit to accomplish for a newcomer to such methods....so using a sheet of PVC Signboard (Sintra / Komatex / Generic) cut to size would provide an inexpensive substrate on which to paint.

Relate your location (City / State / Country), and the exact type paint (...and method of application...) and I will provide all the details you'll need.
popNgame likes this.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"
post #3 of 8 Old 10-15-2013, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply!!! I live in west linn Oregon zip code 97068. My projector it is a DLP LED... Here's a link. http://www.rurouniserver.com/lg/lg-pa75u-manual-pdf-and-specs
My wall it is a little bumpy. As for a frame trim I use a 2 inch oak wood trim and no light come thru inside the frame!!!! I am not sure what type of paint I use. I only know its a silver screen and the brand was Miller paint. But I am tired of keep wasting my money. So please just tell me the best and cheap way I can get the best picture quality!!! They way it is now. Its actually not that bad!! Am about 8 feet away from the the wall and like I said an projecting a 80" diagonally!!! Please help. Thank you!
post #4 of 8 Old 10-15-2013, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply!!! I really appreciated!!! My walk it is bumpy!!! I live in Oregon (west linn) 97068. What's the best I can do to have the best picture!!! My projector it is either a LED bulb but in the box and projector says. LED projector. Here's a link. http://www.rurouniserver.com/lg/lg-pa75u-manual-pdf-and-specs

Also. For a trim I use a 2" oak wood and and 1" wood in the back where the LEDs are!!! Please tell me what's the best I can use to have the best picture quality and the cheapest way!!!! Please I will rather to not remove the trims I already have as is a lit of work to remove the LEDs!!! Thanks for your help!!!
post #5 of 8 Old 10-20-2013, 02:42 PM

Liked: 11

The PA75U is 700 lumens not 500..  I bought the same projector last week.  I really like it.

I ended up going with the Carl's Blackout fabric.  Should get it in tomorrow to start building my screen..

Good to see others are getting this awesome and cheap projector!

post #6 of 8 Old 10-20-2013, 04:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 201
When I checked on PC, it stated the Display type and Lumen output specs I posted.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/LG-PA75U.htm

But that source has been known to be wrong before.

I won't say "My Bad"....simply, "I was intentionally misinformed...." redface.gif

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"
post #7 of 8 Old 10-21-2013, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

At Farshok. Congratulations!!! It is a bad ass projector!!! And at Mississippi Man. Now you know the full specs!! What's the best for me to use for building my screen!? Pain? Fabric? Etc etc. Please help me!!!! Anyone who can help me!!!
post #8 of 8 Old 10-25-2013, 02:46 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by popNgame View Post

At Farshok. Congratulations!!! It is a bad ass projector!!! And at Mississippi Man. Now you know the full specs!! What's the best for me to use for building my screen!? Pain? Fabric? Etc etc. Please help me!!!! Anyone who can help me!!!

Yeah.  A lot of people dismiss this projector, but honestly, I'm pretty glad I got it.  I'm doing a home theater room on the cheap in my basement and it has far exceeded my expectations.  What I ended up doing as far as the screen goes, is built my own frame from 1x4's at Lowes, and for the corner braces, I bought some 1/4" 2'x2' plywood panels and split them down from corner to corner to make 2 triangles from each panel (you'll need 3 panels, 1 for the left 2 corners, 1 for the right 2 corners, and 1 for the center brace top and bottom).  The 'L' brackets that everyone else is using didn't seem like it would make a good solid straight joint.  I then used liquid nails and put them down and screwed them in place.  Pretty darn sturdy if I do say so myself.  I got a pack of 3/4" wood screws and screwed them in also.  I bought the Carl's Black Out Cloth to put on it.

I'll try to upload a couple pics I took of the frame to show you, but if you google DIY Projector Screen you'll find all kinds of examples...

Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page