Recommendations for JVC RS4810 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-09-2013, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi all,

I'm new here, and just got a bunch of help in the projector forum that helped me get a great deal on a JVC 4810 - it's on the way now. Now I am a bit overwhelmed with screen decisions. I would like to keep cost relatively low so have been reading the DIY forum. The projector will be going in a mostly light-controlled room in the basement, and mostly used for movies. It would be nice to be able to have some low-level ambient lighting on for watching sports etc., but it's not a huge concern. No need for AT.

Eventually (in a few years) when I remodel the basement, I may end up needing to go with a retractable screen. For now though, there is no need for retractable, and so I want to get something cheap BUT that won't have me missing out on the performance that this JVC seems to be capable of. I was originally thinking spandex, but can't seem to find any comparison between a spandex screen and a painted screen. Are there any posts showing the difference?

If I go to the time and trouble of buying a spray gun and doing something like a silver fire application, how much better will this look than spandex? Is it worth it?

Finally, I haven't seen that many posts about DIY screens with JVC projectors at all, and I know they are not as bright as many others.

Any recommendations at all would be most appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-09-2013, 05:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 250
1. Silver Fire "anything" easily trumps Spandex in the Image Quality dept. So much so there is no sensible comparison to be made.

2 Silver Fire will afford you all the Ambient Light viewing potential you'll need, while also delivering a Plasma-like image.

3. I done many Theaters using JVCs and Silver Fire / RS-MaxxMudd. I stopped about 18 months ago when JVC was having so many QC issues and premature lamp dimming / early failures. I've been fixated on the Panasonic AE8000u as of late....but yeah...you betcha...if a JVC is functioning correctly, it puts up a stupendous image...and even better with SF

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
Reply DIY Screen Section

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs4810 3d Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page