Question about Screen border ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-08-2014, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question about Screen border ?

I just build my first screen and I'm having a hard time finding cheap velvet or felt in my town to use for a 2" border but I did find at my fabric store 2" velcro tape (the fuzzy side) and at the craft store 2.5" velvet ribbon and was wondering if either of these would work for the border ? This is my first screen as well as my first projector (Benq w1070)

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-08-2014, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 26
This is about the lowest cost best quality black velvet http://www.syfabrics.com/View.aspx/P...Velvet/681/264. The velvet ribbon might work but I am not sure that you would be able to attach it in a good way.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-08-2014, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahajr143 View Post
This is about the lowest cost best quality black velvet http://www.syfabrics.com/View.aspx/P...Velvet/681/264. The velvet ribbon might work but I am not sure that you would be able to attach it in a good way.
Thanks for the link but I'm in Canada and ordering from there would take awhile I'm looking for something quick and my town has very few things to choose from that's why I asked about those 2 things it's all I could really find and my projector is showing up tomorrow and my screen is all good to go except the border. When I build my next screen I'm going to make sure I order online for border materials didn't think ahead and just figured I would be able to find something easy but turns out all I can find is the velcro or the velvet ribbon. I thought I would ask here and maybe find someone that had tried either of them.
post #4 of 4 Old 09-11-2014, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
doesn't carls place do a black boarder tape with adhesive backing, i've used a similar product in Ireland DeepBlack it was called and it done a great job.
Reply DIY Screen Section

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page