Do you think may I use this HVLP gun? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 3 Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Do you think may I use this HVLP gun?

Hi guys, after looking for the most similar paints, I decided to make the Maxxmudd v2.5 mixture. I would like your advice about if I may use my HVLP gun to Spray, as I think it´s too small, maybe next to 0,5mm as you may see in the pictures.
Also about the Nylon paint strainer, you won´t believe, but I can´t find it in Spain!! Could I use a pair of Stockings from my wife?? What mesh should I use?
About the gun, it´s HVLP, but with this small nozzle size, should I use to much water and this could affect the final results?
Thanks in advance!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0154.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	652.7 KB
ID:	740833   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0155.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	884.1 KB
ID:	740841  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Unread Yesterday, 06:31 PM
DIY Grand Dad (w/help)

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 375
That is probably a 1.0 mm Needle. If you disassemble the gun there should be a marking on the Needle Collar.

As in all such Pressure Tank Fed Guns, the devil is in the details aka: The tank's condition and capacity...gotta have a good water / rust Filter. A Regulator at Gun "and" Tank. Good Pressure Hose.

........and yes...the paint must be "Tomato soup" Thin.

Then...you have to practice, and get the Fluid / Air Settings balanced with the paint's flow characteristics.

Can ya wonder why i switch to Electric HVLP back in 2006 when I still had a 35 gallon /5.5 HP Tank, 2 excellent Ingersoll Rand Guns, at least 5 different Needle Kits, and all the necessary Trappings?

I'll tell ya why. It was a PITA !!!

PITA to haul around
PITA to set up.
PITA maintain
PITA to get consistent results .

............but if the paint is thinned enough and you use a good Duster technique at the right speed distance / and with 70% overlap, but do not lay down the almost too thing paint too thickly, that gun should give you a finish akin to a Automobile's

Two very fine mesh Nylons will work.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
post #3 of 3 Unread Today, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks so much MississippiMan, it's 0.8 nozzle. I'll try my best and do the experiments in the two white layers before the Maxxmudd paint. Of course I'll use the water filter filter and a pressure regulator. I hope everything goes well...
Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Screen Section