AVS Forum banner

Taking a pause to reflect and to remember

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  MississippiMan 
#1 ·
I wanted to share something, as well as give those I'm currently helping on here some notice.

On Sept.23rd I lost my little brother Stephen to a tragic Car accident while he was here in Memphis. It's been a trying time since, with most of the focus being to provide comfort and support to my Brother's Widow.

Over the ensuing 2-1/2 weeks time, I have tried to continue to help those on this Forum who needed such, because doing so helped redirect my thoughts to a happier place filled with purpose.

As of tomorrow, I am taking the next several days off from publicly posting as I travel to Indianapolis for my Brother's "Celebration of Life" Memorial. I will only be monitoring my Email Notifications, so I will not be responding directly to new requests. I will still be completing any prior promise of advice and/or assistance made to Members up until Friday evening, but from Saturday AM to Wednesday AM, I will be absent entirely.

I would like to say this, my involvement on here is in fact a salve for my sadness over the loss of Stephen, as helping those in need has always been good medicine. However even more important is knowing that some of you are very appreciative, and for that, it is my turn to be grateful.

See less See more
#11 ·
I want to express my appreciation for all those who responded, as well as for those who willingly waited for any further help / advice coming from my direction. The thoughts and prayers sent my direction were felt, and had a significant and meaningful impact.

The time I spent with Family and Friends was a time of both healing, and a time of growth, as we all came together to honor Stephen's life.

Again, thank you all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.