Parkland/Do-able Locations Thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 248 Old 12-01-2007, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
jskolnik,

The do-able is a firm board ...the Parkland plas-tek can be rolled up. As of two years ago and even more recently, there has been no do-able east of the Mississippi as far as I know. Obviously you are east of the Miss. but it isn't this far east (NY) yet. Two years ago I settled for the Parkland Plas-tek which is pretty good if you can't get do-able. In another posting of mine (and others) I listed the SKUs. Good luck with the do-able!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 248 Old 12-02-2007, 04:12 AM

There always seems to be some Parkland plas-tek at the Loew's near me in Plant City, Fl.
post #243 of 248 Old 12-02-2007, 10:32 AM

Hawaii23,

The parkland is a different product than do-able. I bought the parkland (no do-able) anyway with some 5/8 mdf for a backer. Will build the screen and if not like will then cover in BO or Photo paper but seems fine.

I am thinking I should use the back side of the Parkland material for the screen instead of the front. The back seems much smoother. Hawaii23 can you comment on that?

Thanks,
post #244 of 248 Old 12-02-2007, 01:33 PM

jskolnik
You'll see postings here with it hung both ways. I use the rough side. I can't see much of a difference. On mine the smooth side has the sticker. However, I did cut a 7" strip off the end (to fit the screen on my wall) and from time to time have placed that smooth strip over the rough side I use as my screen and really don't see much of a difference so I have left the rough side as my screen. By the way, I have the plas-tex on top of my awful whiteboard (see earlier postings) for stability. I just use small curtain rod hangars (not the rods...but the kind of hangars/supports, whatever they're called, used for little curtains to hold a rod on the inside window of an outside door) into my wall and place the boards onto those. Simple. Just a tiny screw at the top of the boards (both corners) and into the wall to keep it from falling forward. Hardly noticeable. AND if you put a black border around the edges you would never see those screws (I did not bother with a border since my walls are dark.) I explain this a little better in my earlier postings 2 years ago. If you care, just search "hawaii23". Good luck with your set-up. If do-able ever comes around here I may look into that since everyone says it is the best for just hanging something cheap. :-) How is Chicago...miss it...spent 14 years there until '98.
post #245 of 248 Old 02-12-2008, 04:06 PM

Crescent City is about 10 miles from the CA/OR border. The Home Depot there has a variety of Do-Able.
post #246 of 248 Old 10-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Rgb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Did the forum reset? I posted a link to the ClosetMaid Do-Able replacement at homedepot.com in this thread earlier today, and now the post is gone...
post #247 of 248 Old 10-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Rgb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Here is the link ClosetMaid (formerly Do-Able)-

ClosetMaid 1/4 In. x 49 In. x 97 In. MDF White Satin Vinyl Finish Paneling

Model # 63036
Store SKU # 174278

$17.21/EA-Each