Behr "Silverscreen" Paint - Page 51 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #1501 of 1503 Old 11-14-2015, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
If 3D is important...then things MUST be optimal. As such SS might not be your ticket after all.

Screen size and throw distance the w1070 will have to accommodate? I don't see those figures up, although you were asked for them.

Even a bright PJ such as the W1070 has limits imposed by the use of 3D, especially if you want really dynamic 3D imagery.
Thanks for chiming in, MM

Since I know nothing about projection and won't have a dedicated room for viewing I'm aware things won't be optimal.
This is OK since, as I implied, the 1070 will be pulled out for maybe an average of 10 days a year. (unless I get an unforeseen bug )

I'm hoping for anywhere from 100" and up since I've become accustomed to my 60" Plasma.

My thinking right now is I could get away with painting my landlords entire wall since we're talking whites
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1503 Old 11-14-2015, 02:51 PM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1510 Post(s)
Liked: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blood View Post
Thanks for chiming in, MM

Since I know nothing about projection and won't have a dedicated room for viewing I'm aware things won't be optimal.
This is OK since, as I implied, the 1070 will be pulled out for maybe an average of 10 days a year. (unless I get an unforeseen bug )

I'm hoping for anywhere from 100" and up since I've become accustomed to my 60" Plasma.

My thinking right now is I could get away with painting my landlords entire wall since we're talking whites
If your talking Whites, you want gain no matter what you watch at whatever size in 3D Since this is a Silver Screen Thread, talkin' Whites is kiinda OT
(Iffin' ya get konked in the head with a Home Brew Beer Bottle, it'll be BCortez does the tossin'...not me. )

So: Grey....go small. White....100" is fine. Ambient Light? Go Grey.

You usage seems almost draconian....I hope the "Bug" you do get will be the "Big Picture Bug" and if you manage to achieve a truly splendid image, it's sure to bite.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions
post #1503 of 1503 Old 11-14-2015, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
If your talking Whites, you want gain no matter what you watch at whatever size in 3D Since this is a Silver Screen Thread, talkin' Whites is kiinda OT
(Iffin' ya get konked in the head with a Home Brew Beer Bottle, it'll be BCortez does the tossin'...not me. )

So: Grey....go small. White....100" is fine. Ambient Light? Go Grey.

You usage seems almost draconian....I hope the "Bug" you do get will be the "Big Picture Bug" and if you manage to achieve a truly splendid image, it's sure to bite.
Yeah I was referring to the "Big Picture Bug"
Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Screen Section