Houston area screen makers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-05-2004, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For the last month I have been watching all the different threads about screen paints. I have seen almost every screen shot and read every claim about the different formulas and their benefits...Frankly, all the claims and bickering have me so confused that I was almost ready to throw in the towel and stick with my parkland screen.

This morning I was driving around thinking that in a city the size of Houston there ought to be a few people that want to experiment and try out some of the new materials. Thats the reason for this post.

I bring a few things to the project.

I have a commercial grade HVLP gun and turbine. I just purchased a new ejector set that is the correct size for spraying thick materials. ($90.00)

I have 30 years of experience finishing drywall.

I have a light controlled room with a Sony HS10 ceiling mounted.

What I don't have is someone to share the costs of all the materials needed for the samples we test. I think there are going to be 4 or 5 formulas that we should try out. Sharing the cost of the samples would make the price of the final screen reasonable and by producing all the different samples we could each find out what we like best.

Steve
Closed Thread DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page