Good border material for portable cardboard screens? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-02-2004, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got some large, thick (like 1"...I can stand on it and it won't dent lol) heavy-duty cardboard sheets today to use as temp/portable screens. I also bought some Behr Silverscreen to put on em, just put the first coat on the first screen (hopefully it won't warp or get soggy or anything).

I'm trying to figure out what would make a good border material. I had wanted to do black tape all around the edges, as that would give both a nice black border and would wrap around the edge of the cardboard, giving it a nice smooth edge. However, I haven't been able to find any good flat black tape....everything has a bit of a shine to it. I might end up buying some gaffer's tape online, since it's flat black and it comes in thick sizes.

I've also seen pictures of U-shaped material that kind of slides onto thick screens, like report cover bindings; I don't know what they're called but if I can find some that will fit that might be a good idea.

So...anyone have any ideas on what kind of material to use for a border and where to buy it? I'm not a perfectionist and it doesn't have to be anything fancy or expensive...I may end up spray painting some silver duct tape lol.