RS-MMMaxx questions - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 540 Old 10-31-2006, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Been all over. Currently living in upperstate NY in the Capital District area.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There is a company in MA that carries Sintra or Celtec in the size you want. I can't remember which one... the cost of shipping though was almost as much as the sheet. You may be able to just go there and pick it up and it wouldn't be that bad of a price.

"Make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 540 Old 11-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

I'm about to mix up another batch of the maxxmud to spray my screen with. I was never really happy with the roll on results. My local Michaels seems to be out of the pale metallic gold, and I can't find anywhere else that sells the delta paints. Can you suggest an alternative, or other brand. Or would it make that much of a difference if I left out the little bit of gold anyway. Thanks for the help.
post #453 of 540 Old 11-01-2006, 10:30 AM

What would a good mix be for a 1000-1100 Lumen DLP proj (either SP4800 or HD70), for low to moderate ambient light? I will be painting on a 3/4" melamine coated MDF board. The room is light controlled, but I don't always want it to be pitch black to see the screen. Thanks.
post #454 of 540 Old 11-01-2006, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_maxxx View Post

letzleta,

absolutely. as a mix, many sp4805 owners gave their input and help to taylor it for the users in the 500/600 lumen range. even the LL crowd has had a hand to taylor it for the 150/200 lumen crowd.

for the 1000-1100 crowd this mix should be very appealing as both a controlled and a low/moderate ambient light screen.

Which mix are you referring to?
post #455 of 540 Old 11-01-2006, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

PB

Is it not clearly against forum rules to have a link in your sig to a site that sells commercially available HT products? In this case BF paint.

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you" - Jack Bauer
post #456 of 540 Old 11-01-2006, 10:12 PM

I am looking for the guys that own RS-Maxxx screen site.

They have several great products, but I received no reply when I emailed them at the email addresses on their website

Does anybody know who they are? and if they could check their email and respond, or if you have a different email for them I would really appreciate if you can forward it to me.

Thank you!

Roman
post #457 of 540 Old 11-01-2006, 10:15 PM

They can reach me via my phone since I need their product ASAP.
post #458 of 540 Old 11-01-2006, 10:16 PM

Phone number would help 443-204-6167
post #459 of 540 Old 11-01-2006, 10:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Been all over. Currently living in upperstate NY in the Capital District area.
Roman_G... this is completely against the nature of this forum. I know you are new here and I don't want to send the wrong impression, but AVS DIY isn't about sales or a place to be used to contact commercial companies for information. Please remove these posts before the owners and moderators are informed.

DIY means Do It Yourself, not buy it yourself from a commercial vendor... There are some really great methods in here as well and this only proves how commercial endeavors hurt DIY from developing new and better ideas.

post #460 of 540 Old 11-02-2006, 02:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Hi Roman,

wbasset speaks primarily the truth, although the last sentence is a little bit extreme in it's portent. But only a little as it could more readily pertain to the misdirection of the this threads intent. (...This thread IS about RS_MaxxMudd's DIY version, not any other "idea" or mix.) You started out OK by listing the ingrediants to make RS_MaxxMudd as ventured as a true DIY Mix. Time might make ya become desperate, but desperation leads to consternation, which can quickly lead to condemnation.

Any other route using anything NOT DIY oriented should be taken up off Forum. References and requests like the one you made tie a DIY application to something not discussed "On Forum". Please oblige his deletion request asap. I'm sure you'll get satisfaction in knowing your not contributing to the formation of undesirable issues on a valuable and informative thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
post #461 of 540 Old 11-02-2006, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

The posts by ROMAN on this thread need to be removed asap, as they are clearly bait posts by yet another new member, who claims he doesnt know who the people involved are but was nice enough to list thier site and thier e-mail addresses for us.

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you" - Jack Bauer
post #462 of 540 Old 11-02-2006, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post

wbasset speaks primarily the truth, although the last sentence is a little bit extreme in it's portent.

I am going to stand my ground on that statement. You cannot have an inherently free community coexist with a business which is about profit. By nature the two are opposites, for the business to succeed it must make a profit and it is only natural that it will try to dominate over the free source. My post obviously is not directed at this thread but the specific posts and I thought that was pretty clear.

post #463 of 540 Old 11-02-2006, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman_G View Post

I am looking for the guys that own xfs-screens website.

They have several great products, but I received no reply when I emailed them at the email addresses on their webste:

maxx xtreme-fusion-screens & nvisible xtreme-fusion-screens

Does anybody know who they are? and if they could check their email and respond, or if you have a different email for them I would really appreciate if you can forward it to me.

Thank you!

Roman

Yeah you can find them right here just about any day of the week... just look for the threads with the familar sounding application names... then simply read through the posts and you be able to figure out who to send a PM too.

Weird how you can't find them on their own site but they are easily found here. If you can't get in touch with them here, try Lumen Lab forums, you can't miss them over there either.

post #464 of 540 Old 11-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

You'd be hard pressed not to find them, just mention well jsut about anything in this forum and I'm sure they will reply. Hopefully not for long in this forum however as we need to have speration of DIY and commerical.

Your best bet is to use their own commerical forums, you'll find the link conviently located in every post that pb_maxx makes oddly enough.
post #465 of 540 Old 11-02-2006, 09:51 PM

Thank you!!!

If possible can you give that link.

You guys ROCK!!!
post #466 of 540 Old 11-03-2006, 03:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman_G View Post

Thank you!!!

If possible can you give that link.

No, commerical links are not suppose to be here to begin with. I'm sure you can easily find it here or elsewhere with a search.
post #467 of 540 Old 11-03-2006, 03:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 257
You can reply to roman via PM and not further the same situation along as your doing by publically post and continually "Soapboaxng" on this issue.

Your continual and repiticious posts are what needs to cease.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
post #468 of 540 Old 11-03-2006, 04:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post

You can reply to roman via PM and not further the same situation along as your doing by publically post and continually "Soapboaxng" on this issue.

Your continual and repiticious posts are what needs to cease.

Please take your commerical business ventures off forum, it has been reported, thanks.
post #469 of 540 Old 11-03-2006, 04:46 AM

Reported again.

MM You need to cease!
post #470 of 540 Old 11-03-2006, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

This is getting rediculous already. Doesnt anyone at AVS even monitor these forums anymore?
MM and PB have pretty much turned this forum into thier own little shop, pretty much selling at will. LInks to thier own site in sigs, then changed to the address only (still not allowed) constant talk of a commercial product by the people who sell the stuff, and to top it off the blow hard selling it thinks he need to blame everyone else for this mess, so he rants in 1000 word diatribes in a language that only he seems to understand.
This forum need a moderator asap, someone who can put an end to this once and for all.

Clarence would make a great mod imo.

post #471 of 540 Old 11-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

I've been reporting these posts as well with no results so far. I hope AVS is going to do something about it and soon, it is out of control. You'd think these commerical sellers would use their own forums yet they seem to focus on using this one as their own media outlet.
post #472 of 540 Old 11-03-2006, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just finished painting the screen for my hd70 and it looks great. I do notice that this screen shows the imperfections in my wall than my old silverscreen paint. The wall im working with is not real straight and has some parts in it and thats not flat and this paint shows that. Will that go away at all the more the paint dries? Its all I have to work with but if theres a way to minimize the imperfections on my wall would anyone let me know.
post #473 of 540 Old 11-03-2006, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I understand the preperation. The drywall is as best it can be and its not my house so im not allowed to hang anything on the wall or fix the wall. All i was allowed to do was paint so I was wondering if the imperfections will show less overtime. Dont get me wrong it looks great but you can see the imperfections when theres a bright white scene.
post #474 of 540 Old 11-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
since Tiddler found out that the folkart white pearl has a higher mica content than the delta, would it be better or worse in this mix?

post #475 of 540 Old 11-17-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb_maxxx View Post

it just got a recently upgrade less than 2 weeks ago.

the white levels should be ever so slightly better than tiddler's rsm panels currently show with hardly any noticeable hit on the black levels.

I have come back to this formula again. After you salvaged my mud disaster, I am applying this to two more walls with a roller.

I start the project this week, glad you updated it.

Where are you buying all your materials now, so I can do one stop shopping?
post #476 of 540 Old 11-17-2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddler View Post

The Behr UPW #1050 and Minwax Satin Polycrylic are at Home Depot.

The Delta paints are at Michaels Arts & Crafts, and I have seen them at Wal-Mart.

You may be able to get the rollers at Home Depot but I had to go to a proper paint store as the local Home Depots did not cary the 3/16" Synthetic "White" rollers.

If you chose to use the Dual Roller Smooth Finish Rolling Technique , the 6" hard white foam trim rollers can be found at Home Depot or most any paint store.

Thanks I have to find a Michaels. Other than that I should be good.
I assume I should have two rollers, one to apply the UPW base coat and another for the MAXX?
post #477 of 540 Old 12-28-2006, 05:20 PM

Supose my local Michaels was completely out of the Delta paint supplies (both SM and Pearl) and I went ahead and picked up Behr Pear and SM . . .would it be completely folly to use them instead of Delta?
post #478 of 540 Old 12-28-2006, 06:16 PM

Shoot . . .we're snowed in here in Denver 2 feet last week, 1 1/2-2 1/2 in the next 48 hours. I was hoping to work on the screen this weekend. No suggestions on changes I could try this weekend with my current supplies (i.e. different amount of SM/Pearl to Behr UPW)?

What about Modern Masters SM/Pearlescent as a substitute for Delta SM and Pearlescent?

The projector is spec to 1500 lumens .. .could I get away with the darker screen?
post #479 of 540 Old 12-28-2006, 06:27 PM

Alright, I get the message. . .will try next week once I can get out of the house and find another supply of Delta.
post #480 of 540 Old 01-04-2007, 04:35 PM

Hey guys haven't been around in a while but have a question, I used the RS Lite and love it, have a Z2 and it seems to actually look better with a little background light (cans over my sofa so nothing direct). Helping my friend who has an infocus 4800, yes a little outdated but he got it for free so what the heck. He would like some light from his can lights but the room has no windows so I assume we would use the RS Lite Mixture as I believe that model projector is pretty low in the lum department.
Reply DIY Screen Section

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page