EXPERTS:Will more poly give me more gain? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-04-2006, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know this has been discussed adnausium, but the title says it all.

Last weekend I mixed up a half batch of RSMM LL to try on my already experimental BOC screen. The screen (which was my first one) had been painted (rolled) with UPW flat and the results IMO were better that the plain ole` BOC.

I have now built another BOC screen and decide to do some more tests on the old screen before finalizing on a "mix"

I haven't taken any pictures, but here is my assesment of the RSMM LL.

I rolled this right over the UPW (the ONLY reason I rolled is it's an experiment) and ended up with four coats before I was comfortable with the coverage. Drying time between coats was sufficient. I now had half a screen with UPW and half with RSMM LL over UPW.

I was surprised at how dark the RSMM was in relation to the UPW, but the "general" shade was extremely close to the BOC. I then put in the typical discs to check the differences. Blacks were a slight, but noticable improvement. Whites were very close. I could see a little texture on the RSMM side, but not obtrusive to the eye.

The thing that got me was the flesh tones between the two were very close and the only reason that I probably could notice was because they were side by side, but the same could probably be said for the blacks. Now on certain colors there was noticeable changes brightness (dingy). Any explinations on the cause?

I was always set on a white paint, but the RSMM was close enough to make me consider it.

The question is can I get more gain (specifically brightness) if I just add some more poly? (higher ratio)

What will that do if anything at all?

I thought about adding more pearl but that might make the screen "visible"

Any thoughts? MM.......PBMaxx

Thanks,
Rob

ÂThe sheriff and his buddies with their samurai swords.....Â
Closed Thread DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page