Forum Jump: 

post #601 of 602 Old 01-14-2012, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk00001 View Post

This is a sort of bump, and a, "Where do I go from here?" post.

I spent a lot of hours reading through this thread (many thanks to wbasset and other pioneers for all you've done here), only to get to the end and find nothing's been posted for over 2 years? I was ready to go out and get a can of SW Grey Screen or TV Winter Mist, but now I'm wondering if this thread is outdated and better things have been found than these neutral OTS solutions, or if wbasset and others ended up continuing their research in another thread that I should pick up on in order to find the ultimate conclusions they've come to. If so, any recommended threads for me to start on? I'd like to know what conclusions have been drawn at this point...

It sounded like wbassett had tried laminates, but found these neutral grey paints to be better. Any difinitive word on laminate's vs. paints?

I know much depends on my setup. I have a Epson 8500UB, long throw of 22', low but still there ambient light, and like my image big, like 176" diagonal at 2.35:1 (willing to go smaller, if laminate turns out the best route for example, given standard sheet size).

Thanks again for all you guys' research, time, and effort.

Joe

Sort of wondering the same thing. Happy to mix some paint if the result is much better but if an OTS gray on Sintra is gong to be very good, that would be a great option to explore. Any thoughts from the pros??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 602 Old 01-15-2012, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 21
They are still working on their paints. If you do a search for black widow screen, then you should find them. They have tested and measured their formulas and come up with a variety of solutions.

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page