Liked: 10
Hallo guys:

im very crazy trying to find any material for rear projection with this:

i want it for rear projection.

solid

cheap

white or transparent.

im using 2000 Lumens projector DLP.

i heard plexiglas.... but what type of plexiglas?? u know any solid material easy for mount and dismount?

thx

regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-29-2007, 03:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Acrylic Plexiglas 1/8" to 1/4" thick is best for painting on a appropriate hue IMO, but 78% translucent Milky White Plexiglas should work well by itself with an abundance of Lumens.

What will your set up entail? How much room do you have/will you use behind the screen?

Most important.....how big a screen do you hope to get? "Cheap" is a relative term. Don't expect a $50.00 solution to a $150.00 question. especially if you exceed 98" diagonal.
Provide more input, and "They" will come.

I myself have something in mind should you opt to coat a Clear or Translucent material.

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"
post #3 of 4 Old 01-30-2007, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
well i want it for do gigs in discos, pubs etc.

i need max lengh like 4,92ft x 3,71ft.

is for rear projection with projectors of 1600-2000 lumens...

what type of plexiglass u recommend.... or what can i do for do rigid screens without fabric?

any type of transparent plexiglas for project?

and can u explain in painting the plexiglas? what type of paint is it and where i can buy it?

sorry.. but im a lil noob hehehe

thx
post #4 of 4 Old 01-30-2007, 06:57 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanolo View Post

well i want it for do gigs in discos, pubs etc.

i need max length like 4,92ft x 3,71ft.

Those must be your screen measurements. But they seem off a bit. Adjusted to the nearest points that provide a 4:3 image within those figures, a screen cut from a 48" x 96" sheet would render a 42" x 56" area (70" diagonal)

is for rear projection with projectors of 1600-2000 lumens...

With a screen that small, and PJs that bright, your going to be able to present a pretty bright and sharp image. You can als work the equation to be one that enables it's use in fairly high ambient light situations. Now....a Rotating Spot, or a cluster of Mirror Ball spots passing over the screen will still affect it, but not nearly so much a a Front Projected image. I'd suggest sticking with the 2000 Lumen level to assure yourself the best possible image under all circumstances.

what type of plexiglass u recommend.... or what can i do for do rigid screens without fabric?
any type of transparent plexiglas for project?

The official designation is "Extruded Clear Acrylic Plexiglas Sheeting" You want 1/8" thick preferably, mounted to a rigid frame around the edges. You can use 1/4" thick stock as well, and it is more rigid too. But it is 2/3rds heavier than 1/8" and still will require a Frame. As for any other choice, only a "Plastic" would be workable, but any such Plastic that is optically clear enough to use will cost as much or more than the Plexiglas. Translucent Plastic Sheeting is another option, but end results can be less than certain when the image is passing through a substantially thick material whose coloration is contained throughout the material from one side to another.

and can u explain in painting the plexiglas? what type of paint is it and where i can buy it?

A lot depends upon where you live as to how easy it is to buy the ingrediants. And painting MUST involve using a Spray Gun. Lots of what you need to know is somewhat involved, and requires "Step by Step" instruction that must be followed precisely. None of it is especially difficult or costly, but you do need to "do it right the first time".

I suggest that you email me at nvisible@midsouth.rr.com and if your writing from another Country, you can try doing so in your native language. I know several, and can guess at a few more. But you have to agree to come back and explain what you did, and your end results, so others can glean info and experience from your efforts. It's a "AVS DIY Screens" mandate.

sorry.. but im a lil noob hehehe

Awwwww...........your kidding with us now, are you not?

thx

Yer Weltcum

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"
Reply DIY Screen Section

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page