AVS Forum banner

Rush 5.1 re-releases being readied

52K views 446 replies 89 participants last post by  thehun 
#1 ·
I know it's occasionally been discussed here, in this forum, that Rush might put out some of their music in 5.1, but now there's some more substance to that idea. From MusicTAP this week:

Quote:
Alex Lifeson of Rush has let it be known that a 5.1 mix of Moving Pictures (1981) is being readied as well as a 5.1 remix of Vapor Trails (2002). No release dates set for the time being. In addition, the Rush Universal albums are being slated for a remaster/reissue campaign (no word on which precise titles nor a release date). Their last remaster campaign was The 1997 Rush Remasters.

So, while this info is only preliminary, at least now it's known that those particular titles have 5.1 mixes for them, or are at least in the works right now. Here's to hoping they come out in the near future and that they sound good.

#2 ·
Was actually going to post this myself!

Now, here is the big question: What format? There's no mention of this little detail in the info that has come out so far. I hope to Ged that it's Blu-ray. It would be a crying shame if it comes out in the MVI package that they released Snakes & Arrows on.

They wouldn't do that to us, would they?

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineWalker /forum/post/19971558

I know it's occasionally been discussed here, in this forum, that Rush might put out some of their music in 5.1, but now there's some more substance to that idea. From MusicTAP this week:

So, while this info is only preliminary, at least now it's known that those particular titles have 5.1 mixes for them, or are at least in the works right now. Here's to hoping they come out in the near future and that they sound good.

interesting-wonder what the format will be??

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumps
I think it's a good possibility, seeing that they are big fans of Porcupine Tree, that it might come out on DVDA.

Chris
That would be fine with me since I have an Oppo BDP83, but there aren't many folks outside of this forum who have even heard of DVD-Audio. Since Blu-ray has reached critical mass, they might go that route. As long as it doesn't come out in something compressed, I'll be stoked.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumps /forum/post/19982122

I think it's a good possibility, seeing that they are big fans of Porcupine Tree, that it might come out on DVDA. They should get Steven Wilson to do the mixing; he's a surround sound master!

Chris

It's Richard Chycki mixing, I think

http://ww2.richardchycki.com/archives/167

#9 ·
oh man... if these are any good at all, i'm all over them...

regardless of format/how "good" it is, a re-release of "vapor trails" can't be worse than the original...

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj /forum/post/19987889

oh man... if these are any good at all, i'm all over them...

regardless of format/how "good" it is, a re-release of "vapor trails" can't be worse than the original...

Yep, the older stuff the better.

#12 ·
^^^

well, that really wasn't what i meant...

but yes, my preference would be to have the prog/synth stuff released in 5.1 first... i think it would lend itself to 5.1 "the best"...

#16 ·
^^^

THAT was what I meant...

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinksma /forum/post/19995581

Please, please let Richard Chycki's new mixes not be compressed to heck in the mastering a la Vapor Trails. That album had such potential, destroyed by the loudness wars.

shinksma

wasn't VT recorded hot in the first place - that's why there's not been a remaster of the whole album.

it's in here somewhere - start at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYtuoRcEC0o

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman /forum/post/19994556

Holy Trinity, if you are listening, 2112 on dvd-a please!!!

^^^This^^^

and A Farwell To Kings......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.