SACD over HDMI player - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 39 Old 02-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Nil

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I have a slightly different but related query. I am interested in including a BD player to my system so that I can start listening to DTS-HD MA surround sound offerings. My current SACD/DVD-A player, Denon 2900, which I would like to keep, needs a receiver with analog multichannel input. What currently available receiver has both multichannel analog (for SACD/DVD-A) and HDMI (for DTS-HD MA) inputs (as well as optical and coaxial for my other components), and is considered a great value for the money? Any information on where I might buy this for a good price would also be most helpful. Many thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 02-05-2012, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

I have a slightly different but related query. I am interested in including a BD player to my system so that I can start listening to DTS-HD MA surround sound offerings. My current SACD/DVD-A player, Denon 2900, which I would like to keep, needs a receiver with analog multichannel input. What currently available receiver has both multichannel analog (for SACD/DVD-A) and HDMI (for DTS-HD MA) inputs (as well as optical and coaxial for my other components), and is considered a great value for the money? Any information on where I might buy this for a good price would also be most helpful. Many thanks in advance.

Oppo 93 is an excellent choice for $500. If you want an audiophile version of that player,mthe oppo 95 is another option for $500 more.
post #33 of 39 Old 02-05-2012, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Nil specifically asked about a capable AVR that meets his needs. The member clearly stated that he would LIKE to keep his Denon DVD-2900 an SACD, DVD-A player. Obviously this DVD payer does NOT play Blu ray DVD's.

Home Theater Aficionado
post #34 of 39 Old 02-05-2012, 11:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:

There are a number of threads here about selecting an AVR and you might start there. Also, you need to be more quantitative about " a great value for the money" and "a good price."

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #35 of 39 Old 02-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Nil

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Apologies; I wasn't being clear. Yes, I'm looking for an AVR recommendation that would let me keep the Denon 2900 and allow for a Blu Ray player via HDMI. My price range would around $500. I do like Denon quality, but am open to other brands. My current AVR is a Sony that has worked well these many years, but has become dated because of a lack of HDMI input/output.

I'm just dying to listen to Aqualung in DTS-HD MA surround sound, and expect that there will be more such releases forthcoming.
post #36 of 39 Old 02-05-2012, 02:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:

Apologies; I wasn't being clear. Yes, I'm looking for an AVR recommendation that would let me keep the Denon 2900 and allow for a Blu Ray player via HDMI. My price range would around $500. I do like Denon quality, but am open to other brands. My current AVR is a Sony that has worked well these many years, but has become dated because of a lack of HDMI input/output.

Same answer: There are a number of threads here about selecting an AVR and you might start there.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #37 of 39 Old 02-05-2012, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

I'm just dying to listen to Aqualung in DTS-HD MA surround sound, and expect that there will be more such releases forthcoming.

Denon 1912 is a good place to look... Msrp is $549 but if you call electronics expo, they will probably quote you a much better price.
post #38 of 39 Old 02-05-2012, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
I can no longer recommend keeping the Denon 2900. The most serious shortcoming is it has different settings for SACD and DVD-A (LFE level) which is silly and a pain to deal with. BM options are minimal or absent. The sound is just plain and unexciting.

Audiosceptics accept audio trials using 25 people. A recent Oxford study with over 353,000 patient records from 639 separate clinical trials shows for every 1,000 people taking diclofenac or ibuprofen there would be 3 additional heart attacks, 4 more cases of heart failure and 1 death every year.

post #39 of 39 Old 02-13-2012, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Can the Sony STRDA6400ES receiver accept DSD via HDMI, or does the signal have to be converted to PCM? Thanks.

DALI Epicon 2 front speakers; DALI Epicon Vokal center speaker; Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 surrounds; SVS SB 13 Ultra subwoofer; Marantz AV 8801 pre/pro; Parasound Halo A51 power amp; Sony XA5400ES SACD player; Oppo BDP 105 SACD/Blu-ray player; Sennheiser HD 800 headphones; Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp.
Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page