Having hard time to find high resolution Pop - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 02-10-2012, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am looking for high resolution Pop music . It is surprising all I found were slow music from many years back.

I want to start with few to experience in my home theater. Any recommendations? I am planning to buy basic package to download 10 of media from the following site.
http://www.sacdlab.cn
Appreciate if anybody has any fast music from the above site. If they don't have I will buy from any other places as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 02-10-2012, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 160
OK right off the bat you gotta get in either dvd-a or sacd (Which ever is cheaper) Beck Sea Change..You'll have a blast.. Don't know if that is consider pop though.

Good luck

DJoel
post #3 of 18 Old 02-10-2012, 09:03 PM
ap1
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukumar View Post

I am looking for high resolution Pop music . It is surprising all I found were slow music from many years back.

I want to start with few to experience in my home theater. Any recommendations? I am planning to buy basic package to download 10 of media from the following site.
http://www.sacdlab.cn
Appreciate if anybody has any fast music from the above site. If they don't have I will buy from any other places as well.

I do not think that this site is considered fully legitimate. You probably can download ISO files from torrent network for free with the same level of legality.
post #4 of 18 Old 02-11-2012, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I am looking high def audio from singers like Beyonce, Fergie, Christina Agurella, Ricky Martin etc which I like listening from Popular FM stations. Most of the high def media I found is from 1970s or 1980s.

I thought other way around like you can find blu-ray for new movies but not for very old movies.

Otherwise, I appreciate for any suggestions on close to what I want. I will collect slowly.
post #5 of 18 Old 02-11-2012, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

I am looking high def audio from singers like Beyonce, Fergie, Christina Agurella, Ricky Martin etc which I like listening from Popular FM stations. Most of the high def media I found is from 1970s or 1980s.

I thought other way around like you can find blu-ray for new movies but not for very old movies.

Otherwise, I appreciate for any suggestions on close to what I want. I will collect slowly.

There is no recent pop on SACD
post #6 of 18 Old 02-12-2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:

For recent pop music, you're mostly limited to concert videos on DVD and Blu Ray. If all you have been listening to is MP3, then a CD would at least be higher resolution. Pop stars come and go, so the record companies shovel this stuff out fast with little thought to production values. They want to make money while the artist is "hot". The artists and albums you find on high rez media have withstood the test of time. They have historical significance and the music appeals to people born long after it was originally created. If you can find The Beatles Love DVD-A, buy it and you will hear what I mean.
post #7 of 18 Old 02-12-2012, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieU View Post

For recent pop music, you're mostly limited to concert videos on DVD and Blu Ray. If all you have been listening to is MP3, then a CD would at least be higher resolution. Pop stars come and go, so the record companies shovel this stuff out fast with little thought to production values. They want to make money while the artist is "hot". The artists and albums you find on high rez media have withstood the test of time. They have historical significance and the music appeals to people born long after it was originally created. If you can find The Beatles Love DVD-A, buy it and you will hear what I mean.

Thanks for clearing. I did listen for few minutes Norah Jones and Pink Floyd and felt little slow. As I listen more, I may like them more.

I came from India and I did n't know anything other than Michael Jackson while I was there.

I really like video songs as well, but don't like concerts some how. Instead, I am watching like Step up as alternative.

Thanks for the input.
post #8 of 18 Old 02-12-2012, 08:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
DTS-HD MA releases of major singers are due to come out this month on Blu-Ray. Check Amazon, J-Lo and a number of singer will be featured.

Unfortunately, there are still music Blu-Rays being released without a DTSHD layer, so read the reviews before you buy.
post #9 of 18 Old 02-12-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Here is a list of the available rock/pop SACDs available from importcds.

http://www.importcds.com/Music/SACD/RockPop

Not as many as you will find for jazz or classical though. I only listened to classic rock for years. But since getting into SACD/DVD-A my listening is now mostly jazz.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #10 of 18 Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks to Bil Mac and bobpaul. I will watch amazon site and link you provided to check for Pop music.
post #11 of 18 Old 02-13-2012, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpaule View Post

DTS-HD MA releases of major singers are due to come out this month on Blu-Ray. Check Amazon, J-Lo and a number of singer will be featured.

I am not familiar with this. Who is doing these releases?
post #12 of 18 Old 02-13-2012, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks to Bil Mac and bobpaul. I will watch amazon site and link you provided to check for Pop music.

Unfortunately, there is very little high resolution pop music. And there are no signs of that changing.
post #13 of 18 Old 02-14-2012, 02:52 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIslander View Post

I am not familiar with this. Who is doing these releases?

I think Bob Paule is referring to Alexander Jero, for example this release "The Best of J'Lo - Alexander Jero Custom Audiophile Presentation"
http://www.amazon.com/Best-JLo-Audio...215900&sr=1-11

Be warned that Alexander Jero has gotten some very unfavorable comments in a recent thread on his "Best of Pink Floyd Disk", such as "smells fishy", "big scam", and worse. Mr. Jero also has a reputation for posting rave reviews of his own work.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post21182075
post #14 of 18 Old 02-14-2012, 03:15 AM

Liked: 21
By the way, here's a useful link for finding music blu-rays (all genres of music),

sorted by release date:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies...leasetimestamp

or by title:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies...c&sortby=title
post #15 of 18 Old 02-14-2012, 04:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIslander View Post

Unfortunately, there is very little high resolution pop music. And there are no signs of that changing.

This could be true. But there are enough titles available for one to start their Hi-Rez collection.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #16 of 18 Old 02-14-2012, 04:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 52
One thing to to keep in mind is that the majority of pop music listeners are very happy with low quality MP3's, so I don't see very much push for Hi-Rez versions. Don't get me wrong, I love Hi-Rez (I do have some DVD-A and SACD's). The trend though is for convince (lots of music on a very small device) than higher quality music.

Ray

"Listen with an open heart and mind."

post #17 of 18 Old 02-14-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic icons View Post

I think Bob Paule is referring to Alexander Jero, for example this release "The Best of J'Lo - Alexander Jero Custom Audiophile Presentation"

That and a Santana concert are the only two BD pop releases I've seen on the horizon. Hence my question about bobpaule's post re: "DTS-HD MA releases of major singers".
post #18 of 18 Old 02-14-2012, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

But there are enough titles available for one to start their Hi-Rez collection.

Sure, provided one keeps expectations low and doesn't mind spending big bucks on out of print releases. The OP seems to have come into this thinking there would be lots of new hires pop releases on BD, just like most new movies come out on Blu, which is not the case.
Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page