post #91 of 93 Old 05-07-2012, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by krabapple View Post

Have you seen it in any previous versions, and can comment on the new one in comparison?

If you read my previous posts, I have stated that I have not seen the previous film versions. My only point was that, by comparison to the CD's, the BD audio is in mono and fake surround, and basically crap. If it's better crap than the VHS or DVD versions, well, it still stinks. However, I can understand those who will want to buy it just to replace their VHS or DVD copies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 93 Old 05-13-2012, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper View Post

Why would a live show have discrete 5.1 channels wrt voice and instrument placement? When you attend a live show that's not what you hear (nor is it how the mix is setup on the board).

larry

If the show was set up in quad then it would. At least a couple of ELP's shows on their WBMFTTSTNE tour were played in quad. This can be easily heard by listening to some of the synthesizer parts on Tocatto, Aquatarkus and of course the finale of KE9 3rd Impression on the live album of same name, even though it's only in stereo.
post #93 of 93 Old 05-15-2012, 03:56 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ_777 View Post

If the show was set up in quad then it would. At least a couple of ELP's shows on their WBMFTTSTNE tour were played in quad. This can be easily heard by listening to some of the synthesizer parts on Tocatto, Aquatarkus and of course the finale of KE9 3rd Impression on the live album of same name, even though it's only in stereo.

Very few shows back "then" had speakers setup in all parts of the arena. Pink Floyd had speakers around the arena for the 2 of the 3 times I saw them (the first time the venue was way too small) and ELP's Brain Salad Surgery tour concert. That's not saying nobody else did, but just shows I went to pre-1975. Smaller venues, like old movie theaters, had better acoustics than "arenas" and the theaters were designed (acoustically) to have all the audio coming from the stage/front.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page