Is there such a thing as wide height speaker placement? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-23-2012, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
With my very old receiver I mounted satellite speakers on the far high corners of the front wall and used the A/B speaker setting to try and get a fuller sound. My new receiver has separate height and wide surround settings. My question is can I leave my speakers where they are and hope the mic calibration auto adjusts or do I need to put them in official height speaker placement?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-23-2012, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroteddy View Post

With my very old receiver I mounted satellite speakers on the far high corners of the front wall and used the A/B speaker setting to try and get a fuller sound. My new receiver has separate height and wide surround settings. My question is can I leave my speakers where they are and hope the mic calibration auto adjusts or do I need to put them in official height speaker placement?

I have speakers in the same spot. I used to use them as surround speakers, but when I rearranged my living room I left them there and now use them as the wide speakers. I calibrated them with the mic that came with my Onkyo. I'm not sure how much they add to the experience, probably depends on the source and how the acoustics are in your room.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-23-2012, 05:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroteddy View Post

My question is can I leave my speakers where they are and hope the mic calibration auto adjusts or do I need to put them in official height speaker placement?

I would plug those speakers into the Height speaker connection on your new receiver and leave them where they are. Should make your soundstage appear taller and wider. Nice for movies, even nicer with music.

Sanjay
post #4 of 4 Old 05-25-2012, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I'll leave the speakers where they are then and set them for height. Now if I can find my calibration mic.
Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page