Hildur Gudnadottir new album presented in USB Stick (3 multichannel versions) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-24-2012, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As I posted somewhere else, I've been refusing to go for the digital media releases until now. Reasons?
1. Hildur Gudnadottir is one of my fave contemporary icelandic artists (played/recorded with bands Pan Sonic & Múm)
2. The kind of music is unique and very icelandic (highly recommended if you like Sigur Rós, Jóhann Jóhannsson). Very minimalistic and ambient... neoclassic as is it.
3. Beeing a fan of 5.1 music, I'm hungry to listen new music in multichannel (I'm not into this pletora of reissues in SACD format of 60/70/80's music, even when I'm loyal to the format).
4. The release is an special edition (papercard cover hand made by Hildur herself).

Album info:
Name: Leyfdu Ljosinu
Formats: CD, multichannel USB stick, CD+multichannel USB stick
Date of release: may 7t, 2012

About the format:
1. 2GB USB stick with aif multichannel files (I ignore the surround format: DTS, DD, PCM, etc.)
2. You can choose the surround version: 4.1 or 5.1.
3. Does not include the stereo mix.

Well, now here's my trouble: I own an Oppo BDP-95 and AIF is not supported (here's why I don't like digital media, nothing like a SACD or DVD-A to put on a tray and press play).

If someone know please give an advice: is there a converter so I can have WAV or FLAC format from this AIF files? which one? are they free? Any help will be appreciated.

I'm very happy with this release, just hope I can play it as soon as I have it in my hands.

Here's the link:
http://touchshop.org/product_info.ph...roducts_id=528

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-25-2012, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbazul View Post

As I posted somewhere else, I've been refusing to go for the digital media releases until now. Reasons?
1. Hildur Gudnadottir is one of my fave contemporary icelandic artists (played/recorded with bands Pan Sonic & Múm)
2. The kind of music is unique and very icelandic (highly recommended if you like Sigur Rós, Jóhann Jóhannsson). Very minimalistic and ambient... neoclassic as is it.
3. Beeing a fan of 5.1 music, I'm hungry to listen new music in multichannel (I'm not into this pletora of reissues in SACD format of 60/70/80's music, even when I'm loyal to the format).
4. The release is an special edition (papercard cover hand made by Hildur herself).

Album info:
Name: Leyfdu Ljosinu
Formats: CD, multichannel USB stick, CD+multichannel USB stick
Date of release: may 7t, 2012

About the format:
1. 2GB USB stick with aif multichannel files (I ignore the surround format: DTS, DD, PCM, etc.)
2. You can choose the surround version: 4.1 or 5.1.
3. Does not include the stereo mix.

Well, now here's my trouble: I own an Oppo BDP-95 and AIF is not supported (here's why I don't like digital media, nothing like a SACD or DVD-A to put on a tray and press play).

If someone know please give an advice: is there a converter so I can have WAV or FLAC format from this AIF files? which one? are they free? Any help will be appreciated.

I'm very happy with this release, just hope I can play it as soon as I have it in my hands.

Here's the link:
http://touchshop.org/product_info.ph...roducts_id=528

Try DBpoweramp.. The software is free and will allow you to convert the AIF to flac or WAV
post #3 of 5 Old 06-06-2012, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I got this today, the usb stick is unique, it looks like a credit card. I wasn't even sure what it was at first. So far I only listened to the CD, looking forward to giving the 5.1 mix a go once I convert the files from aif.
post #4 of 5 Old 06-07-2012, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odys View Post

I got this today, the usb stick is unique, it looks like a credit card. I wasn't even sure what it was at first. So far I only listened to the CD, looking forward to giving the 5.1 mix a go once I convert the files from aif.

Hi Odys, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Did you like what you heared in the CD? Please give an update when you listen to the 5.1 version, I'd like to know your opinion and to know wich audio format is it (DD, DTS, PCM).

=)
post #5 of 5 Old 09-15-2012, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I ordered this from Touch UK and received the CD and the USB stick (that I can't find right now :-) . The format is multichannel AIFF 5.1 that I used DBPowerAmp to convert to multichannel flac .

I have played it back on my Dune through my preamplifier. i prefer "Without Sinking" and "mount A" (conventional CD's) to this one. It is more ethereal and includes singing. The surround channels are not "in your face" but pleasing and add to the effect. This is never going to sell many copies but for fans of Hildur and 5.1 music it is a "must buy". Consider it more of an experiment and if enough people buy it, perhaps more 5.1 surround music will be released!
Reply Surround Music Formats

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page